16 - Partners and Promises

~† Austin's POV †~

We reached the Ice-Cream shop at around 3. It only took us about fifteen minutes to get there. There wasn't a queue surprisingly. When I got up to the counter I ordered my ice-cream.

"Hey, could I have a large fruity-mint-swirl, please?"

"Yes, of course," the lady replied. She went away for a minute and reappeared with my desert. "Here you go sir, that will be $1.75" I handed her $2 and she gave me my change. Next it was Dez' turn to order. I completely tuned out and decided to see if anything was going on outside, that was when I saw Ally and Trish walking towards the store. Ally looked really upset and Trish was looking sympathetic.

"Hey Ally, what's wrong?" I said, but she just blanked me, and Trish sent me a death glare. Once they walked past me, I grabbed my crutches that were leaning against the wall, and hopped over to them. "Hey, I asked what's wrong," I repeated.

"Austin, really, what is your problem," Trish suddenly snapped, and I didn't know why but that really ticked me off.

"You know what Trish, maybe you're the problem. Maybe if you'd just back off and let me speak to my girlfriend, things wouldn't be as complicated," I replied. Dez must have heard because he came over and looked confused.

"Guys, if you're arguing you might wanna take it outside before we get thrown out anyway," He said. We all left the store and Trish and I continued our argument.

"Your "Girlfriend"? " She asked, making quotation marks with her hands. Ally was looking really fed up now but she let Trish continue. "Which girlfriend are you talking about here, Ally, or that other girl Cassidy?" I was shocked by what I just heard from Trish. I raised an eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?" I replied.

"Don't act like you don't know, how could you forget kissing somebody a few hours ago? It's not easy I'd imagine," She spat.

"But-"

"Save it, Austin," Ally said, and with that, her and Trish walked away.

"Girls," Dez said, as he picked my ice cream up for me so we could walk back to my house.

~† Ally's POV †~

"Save it, Austin,".

I repeated the words in my head. I mean, I don't know why I even said something like that. I never do that. I wanted to know his side of the story. His version of events. But instead, I was a snob and cut him off. There was still a tiny bit of hope left in the bottom of my heart left, that he didn't have feelings for Cassidy, and that it was all a misunderstanding, but no. I go and shut him out. Not giving him a chance.

"What's wrong, Ally, you've been silent the whole way home," Trish said, as we finally reached my bedroom. She was my best friend, I told her everything, but was I willing to tell her that I wanted to give Austin another chance?

"I-I don't know, I just, I wanna hear his side of the story," I replied.

"But Ally, you said you didn't care. You said he won't tell the truth," She said, and she was right.

"I know, but I still wanna hear his version of events," I replied. "See if I invite him round, could you kinda, let us be alone for a while?"

"Glad to see I'm welcome here twenty-four-seven," She said sarcastically.

"Trish, you're always welcome here, just not now," I said.

"Ugh, fine, but I'll be back later," She replied.

"Thanks by the way," I shouted as she made her way out the door. I dialled Austin's number almost immediately. Just like he answered almost immediately.

"Ally, I thought you hated me," He said as he picked up.

"Look, nobody said that and nobody's going to, the point is, I want to give you a chance to tell your side of the story, I still love you, I always will, but I need to know what happened, can you come over, like now?" I replied.

"Yeah, of course."

"Great, see you in five?"

"Sure."

About five minutes later, Austin was at the door. I let him in and we went to my room.

"Okay, explain," I said as we got in and sat down.

Once he was done explaining his side of the story, he had a very apologetic look on his face. "So do you believe me?" He asked.

"Of course I do," I said as I tackled him to hug him.

"Jeez, Ally, watch the cripple," He said.

"Sorry," I joked, before pecking his lips.

"I promise, Ally Dawson, I will never hurt you like that ever again," He said sincerely.

"So we're good?" I replied.

"I hope so."

A/N

OMG I AM SO SORRY TO THE MOON AND BACK THAR I HAVE NOT UPDATED IN LIKE THREE WEEKS BLAME MY MOTHER I WAS GROUNDED FOR THE WHOLE TIME IDEK WHAT FOR. SORRY GUYS PLEASE DONT HATE ME. I promise I'll never make you wait that long ever again okay? okay were good.