Chapter 22

Hey ok here you are~! it is longer then usual and i'm excited for this!!! i hope you enjoy!!!

and I hope you all Had a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!!! :D

Recap:

“The scouts the hunters left to keep an eye on the old palace saw the beast! He prowls the abandoned halls. They believe Faith and Martin to be dead! They said there was no way that they could have gotten passed that… thing!” Tears were falling fresh again as Charity finished telling the latest news.

“There is more. The hunters have gathered together and decided to rid the Black Woods of its curse. They are planning to attack the Beast’s hideaway. They plan to kill the Beast.”

Hope watched in desperation as the hunters gathered their gear and headed out. Only a few more hours and Faith and Martin would be home! This entire situation could be avoided! “Please Femme Fatale! Allow me to help! This will only end in death and disaster! All that needs to happen is for the hunters to be delayed a short while!” Hope pleaded but her mentor would not hear of it, as usual.

“Absolutely not, Dame Magique! I have told you once and a thousand times before!” The Femme brushed her off but this was not a simple matter to be ignored, not anymore.

“This very well could end in a life or death choice. But it could be avoided if we were to intervene now!” One look at the Femme Fatale’s stone cold face and Hope knew it was a hopeless cause. “Then they are all doomed and you will do nothing. I thought you had the better of the people in mind.”

The news had spread through the village faster then any other ever had. The Beast had been found. A smirk came onto his face. This is perfect. I will be deemed a hero with the death of the Beast and no more will I have to worry about any blemish coloring my reputation. Victor had never felt more invincible then he did at that moment. The news that the scouts had found the Beast’s castle brought fear to all except him. He only saw a chance.

The moment the news had hit his ears. He had gone straight to the Council of the Village and demanded he be allowed to take the Hunters to rescue Faith and Martin, rescue or avenge their deaths. After a bit of persuasion they agreed and Victor now stood before an armed gathering of men.

“This is what we have been waiting for!!! How long have we feared the Black Woods!?! How long has this creature tormented us and kept us away from the borders of the forest!?! I say it is time to stop this!!!  Stop its petrifying reign!!!” The Hunters cheered Victor on. It was as if they had completely forgotten the tarnish on his name. All they cared about was that Victor would take the Beast down!

“Victor, promise me you will be safe and come home to me?” Patience pleaded as he stepped down from the platform in the center of town. She was beside him before he could make another movement, pressing flush up against him and holding him in a tight embrace. Victor merely rolled his eyes and said nothing. He was not about to tell her his plans. If this works then I shall have any woman I desire. I will not be forced to settle with this little horror of a woman. No father will usher his daughter away anymore. And if Faith is still alive, I will be her hero and she will bow at my feet. Patience is nothing compared to that.

Victor removed himself from her grasp and walked onward. Women of the village were saying farewell to the hunters, family or not, and gifting them with tokens of good luck.