Chapter 19

Jean5050-as per your request :) lol ok i uploaded!!! this is a filler chapter!! more will happen next chapter. but i had people asking about Faith and Adam scenes so that is what this chapter is about!! :) i hope you all like it!!! i thought it was pretty cute!!!!

RECAP: Faith walked in and saw Lenora over martin's body and she freaked out.

“Martin!” Faith’s voice rang through the great halls of the throne room. Worry engulfed her. “Lenora? What happened,” Faith asked, struggling to keep a level voice. Martin… how…? Please, Hope!! Do not let this happen!!! Tears welled up in her eyes and she was struggling not to lose her calm.

“Faith calm down. He will be alright.” Lenora’s whimsical voice reassured her slightly.

“But what happened?!?” A sob slipped out with the words.

“Faith.” She spun around to see ‘Lewis’ in the doorway. She ran into his arms. “He will be fine. He was attacked…” His voice trailed off. Confusion swept through her. By what? And why is he here? ‘Lewis’ must have seen the confusion on my face because he soon explained, though seemingly a bit reluctantly. “He was pulled into the lake by an underwater creature. It is rarely seen. I do not know why it attacked him though…” The last part he mumbled to himself.

“But why was he even out here? We are miles from the village…” Faith questioned. ‘Lewis’ let out a sigh.

“He was with the hunters… A search party organized to search for you.” Faith was shocked.

“A search party? For me? I did not know about this.”

Before ‘Lewis’ could answer a groan emitted from the prone body behind them.  Faith rushed over to her soon-to-be brother’s side. Lenora floated above her head for a minute before flittering to be beside ‘Lewis’. Faith gently whipped a cool rag that was presently on his forehead to clear away the sweat forming. He had a fever and it was growing. Bandages covered part of his head and his entire leg. A crimson was leaking through, only causing Faith to worry more. A blanket lay near and Faith spread it across Martin’s lanky frame. Oh Charity must be distraught… First, I do not come home and now her fiancé has gone missing in the same dark forest. Another groan came as Martin slowly peeled his eyes open.

“Faith? Are you really alive?” Tears fell from her eyes at his statement. This only proves that I must return home and soon!

“Yes, Martin it is really me. I am alive and well. You on the other hand…” She trailed off as Marin roughly grabbed her and drew her behind himself. He attempted to stand but was hardly able to sit up. “Martin! Stop! What are you doing? Trying to hurt yourself more?” Martin ignored her and that is when she noticed Martin’s stare was on ‘Lewis’. He attempted to hide his fear but I could se it and  knew ‘Lewis’ could as well. But there was also a brave determination. Martin was never one to back down.

Beast!!!” Martin hissed. Faith was a little taken aback at Martin’s change. He was in his hunter mode now. “Stay away from us!” His voice was leaking with deadly venom. Faith opened her mouth to say something but ‘Lewis’ cut her off.

“Do you think a weakling like yourself could take on The Beast of Black Woods? You are injured as well, merely making you easy pray.” Faith could see the cold gleam in his eyes and the harsh growl reverberated in her core. “I could kill you without a seconds thought.” This is too much! Honestly, men!

“Lewis! You do not dare speak to my family in such a way!” Faith was stunned. She knew ‘Lewis’ had a temper but to speak so blatantly to someone she clearly cared for and in front of her no less!!! ‘Lewis’ looked to her and immediately everything in him softened.