Beside You- A Johnlock Fanfiction (BBC Sherlock)

Author's Note, 19/04/15 — Skip this if you want, it used to be a lot longer, but I guess I'm going to just cut to the chase. All I really need to do here is to thank you all so much. You honestly have my eternal gratitude. I started writing this series when I was twelve, and quite honestly I can't look back on the first draft without shuddering (as much as I loved writing it in the first place), but I've had over 10.7k votes now, shockingly little complaints and so much encouragement and support. I was in a pretty tough place, and I never even planned on posting my works in the first place, but I'm so glad I did because I really found everything I needed and more. *John voice* I was so alone and I owe you so much. When I feel low I actually read the comments, and you're all so funny and you make the story about 24039853438908 times better, so, really, thank you so frick-fracking much.

   I'm going to have to put a trigger warning here — I didn't think that the content was that strong, but I have been told otherwise and I can't say how sorry I am if it has upset you in any way. Basically, overall it's pretty lighthearted (to the point of wishing something terrible would just happen so that they would just stop kissing for five seconds) but there are some references to depression, PTSD, drug abuse, suicide, domestic and (almost completely implied) sexual abuse. Most of this takes part at the beginning, but only lasts for a chapter (and this new preface), and the rest is pretty much buried under candy mountain (candy mounTAIN CHARLIE, CANDY MOUNTAIN).

   Ok so maybe not so short... anyway, have fun. Not recommended reading if you have school the next day, mainly because it's long-ass and the people who like it seem to binge it, and the people who don't do the same to see if it can get any worse;).

   Love,

            Harper

P R E F A C E — S T O P   L E A V I N G
(Suggested listening - Piano Jam by Gerard Way, Hallelujah (whichever version you prefer), The Light Behind Your Eyes by My Chemical Romance)

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone.

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead

Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead,

Put crépe bows round the white necks of the public doves,

Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song,

I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong

The stars are not wanted now, put out every one;

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.

For nothing now can ever come to any good.

-          Funeral Blues, W.H. AUDEN

JOHN WATSON (A/N- top tip for fun- read this in his voice^.^ I've tried to mimic his writing style as well as possible)