Chapter Sixteen- Watch over the Water

When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.

-          William Shakespeare

 (A/N- 1000 READS AND 128 VOTES?! Guys, I can't even... I just LUHV YEW ALL! I give you this chapter... It's an interesting contrast of things, I suppose. There maaaay just be an additional plot twist creeping up on you. NO, I'M NOT GOING TO SPLIT THEM UP/STICK THEM IN PARALELL UNIVERSES/KILL THEM, I'M NOT THAT MOFFATY.) 

Sherlock

I woke up before John to the sound of the door of our hotel room opening, and somebody walking in and turning the lights on until their footsteps were reduced to a creep when they saw us still lying on the bed. Confused, I opened my eyes and turned my head to see Molly, placing something on the desk by the television.

“Molly?” I whispered feebly, as not to wake up my doctor.

“Hello, Sherlock. Sorry, there was no sign on your door and I didn’t think you’d still be here.”

“What are you doing?” I asked her, an eyebrow raised.

“Just returning the key card I borrowed yesterday, sorry I’ll go now. Happy New- Oh!” She gasped suddenly, and I wondered why for a second, before noticing her pointing out the ring that wrapped around John’s finger- the events of last night and early this morning poured back to me- he’d said yes! I smiled, and turned again to see Molly opening her mouth as if she were about to say something, but she was lost for words, so she looked a bit like a grinning goldfish.

She ran to the door and called; “Greg!”

“Shush!” I silenced her, and she looked at me apologetically as he beckoned him in. I sighed. “Hello, Lestrade.”

“Um, Molly, what-” she put a finger to her lips, silencing him.

“-‘s going on?” he continued in a hushed voice, before pointing at John’s hand. He looked confused at first, then saw the ring and his eyes popped open.

“Oh my gosh!” He said a bit too loudly. I rolled my eyes and glanced at them slightly disapprovingly as John’s eyes snapped open. “Wha-”

I looked at him sympathetically before turning my head back to the other two. 

“What’s going on?” He asked groggily, before looking at them too. “Oh, hello,” he greeted them, confused. 

“Oh gosh, you two! Congratulations!” Molly cried. John glanced at the ring, then bit his lip and smiled at me, slightly red. I smirked back. 

“Thank you,” I said. “What’s the time, anyway?” 

Greg walked over to the curtains and opened them, revealing winter daylight. 

“It’s quarter to one! How long were you up for?!” He folded his arms, looking us up and down like a concerned father.

“No idea.”

“Sherlock!” He laughed.

“Any plans for today?” Molly asked.

“Actually, I thought I’d…” I began, but I wasn’t allowed to finish.

“Not anymore! You’re coming to lunch with us,” Greg interrupted.

“But-”

“Shower and stuff, then meet us in the lobby at five past.”

“But-”

“See you they!” Molly said, and then they disappeared out of the door. I turned to John and sighed. “Well, I suppose we’re doing that then.”