Chapter 12, Gray's Up

Gray's Pov, 

Everything was cold and dark. The fact is I didn't mind the cold but the darkness. I could feel is slowly taking me. I could just hear everyone's voices calling out me. Juvia and Lucy sounded worried and in pain. "You have to wake up Gray-Sama" I soon heard a whisper in my ear. Juvia? I couldn't see her but I could feel her grabbing my hand. Was I in some type of dream? The last thing I remember was spinning down a hill. Running from some guys. "Lucy needs you too, Gray-Sama" Juvia's voice soon whispered with some sobs afterwards.

What happened to Lucy? Where is she? "Gray please make it for Juvia and Lucy" I then heard Erza's voice making me a little worried for my sister. Where is she? Where is my little sister? I soon saw a dark glow and a bright one. I looked at them both confused. Was I picking to give up or to carry on? I couldn't leave Lucy. I faced the dark glow feeling it come closer. I hated the darkness but if it meant staying with the woman I love and my little sister. I will take that darkness.

Lucy's Pov, 

My mind was racing. It had been more hours since Gray came out of his second surgery. They put him in his own hospital room. Everyone but Natsu was in there. They was talking to him, saying how he had to make it for me and Juvia. "DOCTOR" I soon heard Mira scream from the hallway. I was on my way back to ICU to see Natsu when I heard her. I soon hurried back my heart beating faster with every step I was taking. As I got into Gray's room I saw his hand gripped onto Juvia, he was awake. I couldn't help but smile my eyes watering a little.

The doctor rushed over. "Do you want the tube out?" the doctor asked as Gray only nodded. The doctor only listened taking it out. Gray was coughing as he looked around at everyone confused. He looked weak, tired and worried. "W-what happened? W-where's Lucy?" Gray whispered his voice more dry than before. Juvia had tears in her eyes as she kept holding onto Gray's hand. "Lucy is in a coma, you was both in an car accident" Erza answered Gray's questions as he looked at her worried. How did you do it Gray?

How did you get back? How am I meant to get back? "I-I need to see Lucy" Gray then whispered as the others just looked at Gray worried. He wouldn't blame himself would he? My mind was all over the place. "You have a broken leg man, just relax and rest for now, Salamander is with her" Laxus spoke up as Gray just looked guilty. He did blame himself. Juvia kissed Gray's hand making him look at her. "You need to get better for Lucy" Juvia whispered as Gray only sighed. "Alright" he mumbled as I followed Erza who walked off.

She headed toward ICU and stood outside looking inside. Soon the doors opened and Natsu came out. "Gray woke up" Erza made Natsu nod. "Im not leaving her" Natsu whispered, looking behind him toward my body. "I understand" Erza hugged Natsu making him shocked but he soon hugged back.  I slowly walked over to my body looking at it. "Why can't I wake up?" I whispered as I felt my heart was slowly giving up. I felt weak all of a sudden. I soon fell on my knees grabbing my heart breathing heavy.  I heard my heart monitor going off like crazy.

I looked up to see doctors rushing over to my body. Just me here on the ground was hurting my breathing. "LUCY" I soon heard Natsu scream worried as the doctors started to take me towards the lift. What was happening to me? "What's going on?" Erza asked worried as I just watched. "We might have missed some metal" a doctor answered as they took my off. The pain. Was it me dying? I couldn't die, not yet. I had to save my Aunt. "Lucy" Natsu's eyes widen as the lift doors closed. Erza just stared shocked.

"What happened? I heard Natsu scream Lucy" Mira and Jellal rushed over to their sides. Natsu looked more pale than before as he put his hands through his hair upset. "I need some sir" he muttered rushing off. "They took Lucy back into surgery" Erza then answered Mira and Jellal as Mira burst out crying, hugging Erza tight. I slowly got up but soon fell back down on my knees. My chest was killing me. It was like a part of me already gave up on life. Like it already gave up on the others who care for me so much.

I couldn't let them down. I couldn't let Aunt Aquarius down. "I WANT TO LIVE" I soon screamed my eyes watering as I was blinded by a bright light. As my sight came back I saw myself outside the surgery room. "Keep fighting honey" I heard a nurse whisper in my ear. It was painful to fight. I knew I had to but it was getting painful. No. I couldn't think like that. I had to of been strong. Then started to think what would happen if I did die. Would Natsu turn back into the mean bad boy who beat people for no reason? Would Gray lose his emotions?

Would Juvia and Levy be shy once again? Would Erza and Mira lose their unborn children? Would Gajeel turn into some gangster? Would Laxus give up on trying to make Mira proud of him? Would Jellal stop being nice and turn mean like he was once before? "I cant think that way" I muttered slowly standing up. The pain getting worse making me scream. I fell back on my knees as I heard a heart monitor start beeping fast. "We need to hurry" one of the doctors muttered as I started to feel cold. What was happening?

"Come on honey, fight this, for the people downstairs" the nurse whispered in my ear as I then started to think about them. I had to fight. I had a wedding to plan, a brother who loved me and people I want to be around. I had to fight!