His Proposal - 7.

Jai points to the door. "You can leave now."

Moving toward the door, I turn to him and say. "What's your name?"

"Jai Marshall."

"Shit!" I whisper.

Why did I choose this place to beg for a job?

My heart starts to race and I feel the colour drain from my face. "I'm sorry for charging in here like a firecracker."

He rises and moves toward me. "I hope you don't believe everything you've heard about me," he towers over me and I choose that moment to rise to my full height.

I'm not going to allow him to intimidate me.

"I don't like to be judged by what's written in magazines. You seem to be the type of woman that would buy into gossip."

I don't buy into gossip.

Shaking my head I tell him. "I don't like reading magazines. Most of the time its lies or made-up stuff some idiot reporter did to make some money. It's pathetic if you ask me."

He pulls his tie off and looks at me. "You can't tell anyone that you work for me. While you work here you can't date any of my workers. I'll let you flirt with my customers. Tomorrow I want you to wear a skirt and a singlet top. Also, put your hair up and some make-up would be nice. Don't go over the top with the make-up. I'd tell you to wear heels, but my ex told me how uncomfortable they are to wear for hours. So, just wear something comfortable. What's your name?"

"Chloe Knight." I open the door.

As I leave the room I hear him whisper. "It's a beautiful name for a beautiful woman."

My face starts to heat up.

I can't wait to start work here tomorrow.

Waving at him before I close the door. I walk down the stairs and head over to the bar.

At the bar, I order a Jim Beam. I turn towards the camera behind me and raise the glass. I mouth 'Thanks.' I tip the drink back. Putting the glass on the bar, I then leave the club the same way I came in. I feel eyes on me as I climb into my car. Looking up at the window I see Jai.

His eyes bore into mine. Taking my eyes off him I start the car and pull away.

When I turn onto the main street I see a black car following me. I turn through different streets trying to lose it.

Eventually, I do and then I drive to the hospital. I look in the rearview mirror and double-check that no one is following me.

Pulling into the parking lot of the hospital I look for a spot to park. I find one at the other end of the parking lot. I grab my handbag and head in the direction of the main entrance.

 I grab my handbag and head in the direction of the main entrance