His Proposal - 47

Waking up I see that I'm wrapped in Jai's arms. I look at him and he looks peaceful as he sleeps. Moving his arms from around me, he starts to stir and says. "Where are you going, Chloe?"

"To the bathroom." I kiss his cheek. "I will be back in a sec." Climbing out of bed I walk into the bathroom. I hear Jai move around the room.

When I exit the bathroom his back is turned to me and he is about to put on a t-shirt. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him. I go up on my tippy toes and whisper. "You don't need to put a shirt on. I like seeing you like this."

He turns in my arms. "I like walking around like this in front of you, but I don't want to do it in front of your brother and sister. I should be setting a good example for them and I will continue to do that. In this room, I will stay shirtless if that's what you want?"

A smile spreads across my face. "We should spend more time up here then."

He laughs. "I couldn't agree with you more. We have work that is going to make things a bit harder for us."

"You should come to the bar at four and check on me."

"I will leave when your brother shows up at the house. I don't want to leave Aleysa with the staff. She should have a family member with her and not a bunch of strangers."

Letting go of him. "Let's start breakfast. I'm sure, Nate and Aleysa will be up shortly." Slipping a dress over my underwear I walk out the room, leaving Jai staring after me.

Aleysa and Nate open their bedroom doors as soon as I step onto their floor.

Nate looks at me. "Thanks for the haircut, sis. I feel naked now."

Laughing, I say. "You will get used to it, bro."

Nate rubs his head. "I hope so." He looks at the ground. "What if my team make fun of me for this new look?"

Aleysa walks over and hugs him. "I will kick there arse." Nate laughs. "Tell them you did it for your sister who has leukaemia."

Nate hugs her. "Thanks, sis. You always know the right things to say to cheer me up."

Aleysa smiles. "I'm glad to help you out." She looks at him. "I have a way for you to get an A on your assignment if you want my help."

He takes her hand. "I want to hear this plan of yours."

Walking with my brother and sister to the kitchen I listen closely to my sister's plan. She takes a seat at the kitchen table. "So, I was thinking that your team could fundraise for leukaemia. Maybe, even get their heads shaved by Chloe."

Nate turns towards me. "Will you do that?"

A smile spreads across my face. "If that's what your teammates want to do. I'm not going to force people to something they don't want to." I move over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. "Don't make them get it done if they don't want to. Everyone has a choice." I take the bandana off the table and put it on him.

Jai walks into the kitchen and looks at us. "What are the Knight Siblings up to?"

Nate looks at Jai. "While you two were at the bar Aleysa sat with my teammates and me. She helped us with our assignment and made a video for us to use. It's about her experience and how she had leukaemia twice in her lifetime. She told everyone how this time she's not going to make it." He looks at Aleysa. "What she said effected my teammates. They watched her grow up and it will affect them as much as us when she's..." he trails off.

"Gone," Aleysa says.

I don't want to hear her talk about her death anymore. I want her to enjoy the time she has with us.

Walking over to her. "Aleysa, we want to enjoy the time we have left with you. So, can you please stop talking about your death?" I feel a tear fall down my face. "It breaks my heart every time I hear you talk about it."

Aleysa hugs me. "I'm sorry, Chloe." She looks at Jai and Nate. "I will try not to talk much about my death."

Nate looks at her. "Are you looking forward to Sunday?"

She smiles. "Yes, I hope that we get to meet the cast of Supergirl." She rubs her hands together. "I hope the guy that plays Derek Hale in Teen Wolf is there. He plays Superman in the second season of Supergirl."

Nate touches my head. "We'll see little sis."

Aleysa looks at me. "Should I tell him what else is filmed at Warner Bros?"

"It's up to you."

"Would you be excited if I told you that Lucy Hale and Ashley Benson from PLL film there?"

If he had breakfast in front of him I'm sure he would have dropped it. He thought Ashley was hot when he saw her in the movie Pixels.

Nate's face turns red. "They film there too?"

Aleysa nods.

"Then I'm looking forward to going there with you. If I get to meet Ashley that would be a dream come true."

Patting his back, I say. "At least you know who you're looking forward to meeting if they're on set."

Jai throws some bacon into a pan. "I thought I'd make breakfast while you talk about Sunday with your brother and sister."

Walking into the kitchen I help him make breakfast.

When breakfast is finished. I carry a plate over to Nate. "Talk to your group when you get to school and see if they want to add something extra to their assignment and I will call the coach and see if he can talk to your teacher about extending your project until Friday."

He smiles. "I will."

 At 8:45, I get a message from my brother

Nate: Can you please call coach?

I call the coach.

Coach: Hello?

Me: Hey, Coach, it's Chloe Knight.

Coach: What can I do for you?

Me: Would you be able to talk to one of Nate's teachers about extending an assignment?

Coach: What assignment is it and is there a reason why he can't hand it in?

Me: The assignment was on diseases and Nate and his group were given leukaemia. His group want to shave there heads and I can't get to the school until Friday to do it.

Coach: I will talk to the teacher this morning. I like the way the brother is going the extra mile for his assignment.

Me: The group Nate is working with have known Aleysa for a long time and they want to do something for her. Even if it's getting rid of their hair.

Coach: If you need anything else, please call me, Chloe.

Me: Yes, Coach.

I hang up the phone and walk over to Jai. "The Coach is going to help out."