Chapter 22

It was the weekend before Christmas and we all were home because Gabe wanted to put up the Christmas tree. We were very late with it, but with my new job almost every night and the break up, Christmas decorations were the last of my thoughts.

Since we'd gotten back together, Camila had been at the apartment almost every day.

"Gabe, next week we're going to Grandma and Grandpa's for Christmas."

I told him and joy took over his little body.

Until a pensive expression took over his face.

"What about Camz? We can't leave her alone for Christmas."

I glanced quickly at the girl that had so much affection on her face it seemed unreal.

"We're bringing her too, so she can meet grandma and grandpa" I reassured him, and looked at how Camila slipped her arms around his torso and picked him up to kiss his face, he hugged her chuckling and I felt so in love.

I needed to take a nap before work and left Camila and Gabe in the kitchen making some hot chocolate.

I woke up to a scampering beside me on the mattress and the scent of coffee close to me. When I opened my eyes, my beautiful girlfriend was beside me with a fuming cup in her hands and my son on the other side of me on the bed.

I smiled – it could have been a dream, but it wasn't.

"Babe, it's almost time to go for you" Camila said handing me the cup.

"Dinah's out tonight, I'm staying with Gabe if that's alright with you."

I nodded starting to sip on the boiling dark liquid.

I was the luckiest human on Earth.

I dodged a little to make some room for Camila to cuddle to my other side.

The idea of finding her in my bed when I would come back made the perspective to go to work less pesky and I smiled at the thought.

When I finished my coffee, I got up and put a couple of bills into Camila's hand.

"Can you order pizza for the two of you?" I pecked at her lips as soon as she was close enough.

"Yeah, but I'm paying this time" she playfully pecked at my lips again before leaving the money on my bedside table.

The delivery was so quick that they were already eating by the time I was done getting ready for work.

"Mami, she said you look really hot dressed like that."

Camila's head shoot up looking at me like a deer in the headlights.

"It's quite an interesting conversation topic with a four-year-old." I chuckled.

"I swear I wasn't talking to him when I said that!" she defended herself making me laugh harder.

"But I can hear!" the little boy pushed his hair behind his ears to show them.

"I'll definitely be more aware of that, thanks" she said shaking her head in disbelief.

"Your mom always looks really hot though" she informed him nodding and he nodded as well as he agreed.

"Give mama a kiss goodbye" I asked my son that immediately got up on his knees on the chair to give me a quick peck on the lips and a tight hug.

"I wanna give mama a kiss goodbye too" Camila said in a low voice.

I chuckled once more and got close to her to grab her face and put my lips on hers. I lingered there a few seconds before kissing her lips again a couple of times, it felt just too good.