Chapter 13

I left Gabriel in his class with a tight hug and a peck on his lips before heading to Dinah's apartment.

"Here you are!" she welcomed me with a hug, I felt slightly uncomfortable at the idea we were going to look for a nice dress for my date with Camila that night.

We were in my car when Dinah decided to speak again "did you guys have sex yet?"

My eyes went wide and I knew I was blushing.

"What the fuck Dinah?!"

She laughed "you're not answering..." she sang.

"We didn't!"

"I was just asking, no need to raise your voice" she said calmly, and went on asking "are you waiting for after marriage or something?"

I couldn't help but laugh a little shaking my head "you idiot."

I parked and as soon as we were in front of hundreds of dresses my head started hurting, I had no idea where to start. Apparently Dinah had it all clear as she started scanning dress after dress, one row after another pulling out some of them every once in a while.

She almost pushed me into a fitting room with a couple of dresses and I thought that must have been how Gabe felt when I brought him out shopping.

I put the first dress on but it was too short, I felt naked, before I knew it Dinah opened the curtain to take a look at it, I shook my head to let her know it wasn't the one and she pursed her lips.

"You look hot though" I shook my head.

"At this point I could go naked" I pointed at how the dress ended right where my legs started.

"Mila wouldn't mind."

And with that, I pushed her out and closed the curtain to try on the second dress.

I looked at myself in that dress, it looked like a circus tent, it was ugly, plain and simple.

Dinah took a look at it and she agreed with me so I quickly took it off to try on another one.

This went on for a while, until I put on a black dress I was skeptical about at first, it was sewn so that it looked like some parts of it were missing, showing part of my ribs and chest. It was long and there were two big slits on the sides that showed both my legs.

I was staring at my reflection when Dinah once again opened the curtain.

"Damn girl" was the only thing she said scanning my body, I burst out laughing when I noticed her look stuck on my lower back.

I shook my head at her still laughing "do you think this is the one?"

She nodded "it's perfect on you."

I was a little unsure about the uncovered parts but the more I looked at it the more I liked it, so that was it, I bought it and went back home to make some lunch for Dinah and me.

I went to pick Gabe up from school and tried to make the most out of my afternoon with him.

"Mom, what's that for?" my child asked pointing to the dress that was hanging waiting for me to wear it that night.

"I'll wear it tonight to go out."

"What am I doing tonight?"

"You are going to have a slumber party with Aunt Dinah, is that alright?"

He nodded with joy at the idea.

"Who are you going out with?"

I didn't know how much he would understand about it but I didn't want to lie to him.