Chapter 23- Hey Partner

Another update!

A little thank you gift to all my fans for always there supporting me :) I never expected for this story to reach this much views. Trust me 10000 is a lot in my little world, so thank you thank you!

Anyways this chapter is a a little longer than usual, I was in a writing mood yesterday and this morning :) and also I would like to dedicate this chapter to JessicaCastano for giving me the idea for this chapter.

Comment, vote, and maybe even fan? :)

Thanks again for the support

Chapter 23

The silence and the tension grew ticker between us, I wanted to say something but nothing comes in mind. The glances that we were getting from our classmates wasn’t helping, it’s just making things worst.

“Cruz! Evers! Let’s go, standing there like a statue is not part of the warm-up” Mr. Thompson, our couch yelled from across the field.

“We should start I guess” I asked casually, trying to sound a little less awkward.

“Yeah ok” he said calmly.

I nodded and followed his lead. Maybe interesting isn’t the best word to describe our situation right now, more like awkward and uneasy. I ignored my feeling and thoughts and concentrate on my stretching. I need to be strong, I need to get revenge, I need to know. I brought my hands in the air and stretch from side to side making my shirt hitch up, I can tell that it bothered Ty since his stretching became sloppy. A half smile appeared on my lips, I can’t help but remember how clumsy he is when it comes to this kind of stuff.

“Do you want to run first?” he asked not making any eye contact with me.

“Sure” I said getting ready to run.

He took the timer out and nodded telling me it’s alright to go. I nodded back and started to run. After finishing three laps in the track I ran back to Ty who was recording my time on the sheet.

“Callie!”

I looked at Ty with confusion, before I could ask what’s going on my feet bumped into a rock making me lose my balance. Oh shit! I waited for my face to hit the hard ground but I didn’t feel anything, there was nothing. I didn’t feel even a slight pain. Opening my eyes, my breath hitch up when my eyes landed on Ty. His hand was on my waist, steadying me. Our faces were literally a tooth pick apart, when he realize our situation a blush appeared on his cheeks, his hand quickly left my waist.

“I-I’m sorry, I-” his voice was quivering and I can’t help but stare at him with a sea of emotions swallowing me up. I don’t know if I’m happy, shocked, sad, but all I know is that somewhere in my heart I missed seeing him like this.

“You blushed” I said with a hint of amusement.

“N-no I didn’t” he said looking flushed and embarrassed, an expression of his I used to love.

“Ok you two, you’re lucky I’m in a good mood today. I’ll let you off the hook this time, but if you don’t participate in my class, detention it will be” Mr. Thompson yelled at us with frustration. “Now go join the rest of the class for further instructions”

Ty was about to complain with the couch but the couch shushed him making Ty sigh defenceless. His eyes flickered from Mr. Thompson to me, making me smile at him in a teasingly way. His eyes widened when he realized that he’s been watching me so intensely, he averted his eyes and walked away. An embarrass expression still plastered at his face, when I thought he won’t look back I was wrong.