The Wedding

The whole church was filled with our relatives. I was standing next to my dad in a blue long gown with my long black hair up in a princess hairdo. I was nervous about what was going to happen. Will she love me? Will she try to separate me from my dad? All these questions were killing me inside. Then I remembered my mom's words this is what she wanted for dad. I cannot let my fears make me selfish and take dad's happiness away. After ten long years, he has found someone to look after him. I must support him.

We were all standing with  a smile on our faces as we heard the wedding bells ring and the pianist started playing a favourite piece of my moms " The Whisper of the west winds by Zi Huang" as it softly played along with her little footsteps her short golden hair danced in the wind and her beautiful white gown danced in an old fashioned way . She looked like a classic Disney princess. She was nervous I could sense it. Her blue sapphire eyes searching for familiar faces. I thought she might look at dad and snickers at me instead she looked at me and smiled. Her smile looked almost similar to mom's dazzling smile.

The vows were said and rings exchanged. The reception started and everyone was merry and gay. They danced, chatted, gossiped, some were flirting. And here she was my new mom sleeping like a cute little girl on my shoulder. Dad was sitting right next to her while she still chooses my shoulder to lean on. I found it strange but as I patted her head I felt happy. Maybe just maybe we could be best friends or even more mom and daughter but it's just a maybe.

I was enjoying my dad smiling and chatting with my parents. They always supported dad more then mom. While my dad's parents supported mom. It is was strange yet heartwarming. They all were giving side glances to me. It's when I realized my new mom Stellar is still sound asleep on my shoulder.

I giggled and patted her back again only to fail to awake her. Thus I let her rest after all she must be tired marriage is kinda nerve-racking affair.

The evening seemed endless until my uncle rose up from his so-called throne his chair of course and gave his speech" My dearest younger brother congratulations on this beautiful day. God has blessed you yet again with a beautiful soul to be your wife. I hope and pray that the two of you will make great memories together and throw a few parties for us more often. Love ya, little brother."

Well, that wasn't the most amazing speech but it was genuine and true. That's just how we are bought up in our family" be true " that's what we are taught. I had declined to give a speech since it seemed awkward to me. The new couple were seated in their car which will take them to the airport for their honeymoon in Australia. I returned home and slept for the whole day. I wonder what will happen in future.