Chapter 1: The Start Of A Beautiful Friendship

Chapter 1

  It was a dreary night in Beacon Hills as a heavy rain had settled on the small town. A girl dressed in a thick, leather jacket and skinny jeans makes her way down the dark streets, hardly noticing the pelts of rain pouring down on her black umbrella, she had propped above her head. The girl walks quickly with purpose but just slow enough to show she has no important arrangements to get to. Her high, heeled boots are the only sound that echoes through the abandoned streets as they slap against the wet pavement. She finally stops at the entrance to one of the town's few bars. It's neon sign lighting up the faces that eagerly await to get inside. The people shiver beneath their coats, the icy rain chilling their bones. But the girl seems relatively unfazed by the weather's harshness. She adjust the thick, framed glasses that lay on the bridge of her nose. Not one person questions why she is wearing sunglasses, when the moon has long since taken over the sky. She makes her way to the front of the line, ignoring the grunts of protest that follow. Someone shoves her but immediately backs down when she lifts her eyes to the boy's. Whatever the man sees behind those glasses takes away all the colour from his features, leaving him quivering in his boots. She moves onto the bouncer, whispering something in his ear. His eyes widen at the the words and he fumbles with the rope to let her through. She doesn't even glance back as she sashays into the building.

 "One beer." I ask the man behind the counter as he rakes his eyes over me. Taking in my long blond hair and sharp features.

"ID please." His gaze shifts back to another costumer but I don't give him the chance to loose interest.

"I'm sure you can make a exception for me." I lean over the table until my face is inches from his. So close I can practically make out every hair in his scruffy beard, and the small fleck of blue that showed in his otherwise dark, brown eyes.

I take off my glasses and set them down next to someone's half empty glass. I let him take a long look into my piercing stare. He seems transfixed on the green that rims my pupils. I can tell by the questionable look forming on his forehead that he's deciding whether or not they seemed unnatural. As if the brightness they gave off was some what inhuman. Either way he couldn't look away. No one could ever resist my eyes.

  The man takes one glance down at my chest but just as quickly rises to meet my face."One beer coming up." He says with an overly, enjoyable smirk spread across his face.

I spend the remainder of my time scouting out the club's dance floor as I wait impatiently for my drink. Strobe lights flash across the room, landing on various people every odd second. The disco ball above gives off a strange, silver aura to the room as it fills with life and a pulsing beat. I see a few potential candidates to meet my target's requirements. But none of them have the spark I was looking for, a human quality that gave people the will to live on. They all were trying to hard to fit in with a crowd full of impostors.

"Here you go." A drink slides into my palm, its cold, outer shell chilling my hand. I mutter a ungrateful thanks to the bartender and turn away before he can expect anything else from me. I didn't work for tips. I'm just taking the first swig of my drink when I find him. The boy I had been looking for all night. He leans against one of the back walls, as far away from the grinders dancing in huddled groups as he can be. Like a pack he was on the outside.

 The boy is not ugly by any means but he could do better. His pale complexion and a hazel coloured short-cropped hairstyle made him look much older than he really was. The boy was relatively tall too, having at least a foot on most of the other men in this room. I make my way over to his side, trying my best to act as innocent and naive as I could.

"Hey." I say sweetly, snapping him out of his daze. He lifts his gaze to meet mine, barely trying to check me out like any other man in this room would have done.