Chapter 1: This. Is. War.

Disclaimer: I do not own The Mortal Instruments or any of the characters. They rightfully belong to Cassie

*Clary*

He smacked his lips on to mine. His soft, delicious lips. We were in the doorway of his bedroom. I came to stay at the Institute for the next three weeks, since my mom would be on her late honeymoon with Luke.

**flashback**

"Clary," my mom said softly as she knocked on my door.

"Yeah?" She came into my room slowly, peeking only her head in to my room.

"Um, Luke and I are going on our honeymoon, and..."

"Mom," I said slowly, "didn't you guys get married like, over a year ago?"

She sighed, "Well, with everything going on, we have never been able to go on a honeymoon."

"Okay," I replied, "and...?"

"Well," she started cautiously, as if she we talking to a bomb that could detonate at any second. "You can't stay here alone."

I jumped up and off my bed the second the last syllable slipped off her tongue. "So I get to stay at the Institute?" I asked hopefully.

"I don't know..." she said.

"Mom, is this about Jace?" She bit her lip. "Look, mom. Nothing's going to happen, I'm not stupid, you know."

"I know," she started, still biting her lip, "I'm just kind of worried. It's only natural for a mother."

"I'll be fine." I told her. She thought she was going to come home to a pregnant daughter. Jeez, I thought, are all moms like this? "When are you leaving?"

"In two hours."

"WHAT?!"

"Clary-"

"Ok, go get ready, I gotta pack!" My mom smiled, and stalked out of my room to leave me to packing.

**end of flashback**

So there I was, still kissing Jace, my arms wrapped around his neck, entwining my fingers in his hair.

He suddenly pulled back, and looked at me, pursing his lips. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Nope," he said. "No more." I whimpered, a soft whimper, and he smirked. The nerve. "I like to think," he started, "that ending our little make out sessions halfway through leaves you wanting more."

My draw dropped. Jace was nothing like this. "Are you seriously playing that game?"

He grinned, a devilish grin. "Maybe."

"Fine," I said. "Then this. Is. War."

That wiped his grin off his face almost immediately, and his lips parted. "Uhhh...."

I walked away from his door frame, my nose in the air. If that's the game he wants to play, well, he won't be the only player in the game.

xxx

I was sitting in my bedroom, trying to sketch the training room, but failing horribly. I could never get the proportions correct. I heard a knock on the door. "Come in," I said without thinking. Shoot. It could be Jace.

To my relief, Isabelle walked in the room, looking fabulous as usual. She was wearing black leggings, studded ankle boots, and a light pink sleeveless blouse. And of course, her her was half-up, half-down, perfectly straight, which I had no idea how she'd done. "Wow, no Jace," she observed, smirking.

"He's being annoying," I replied simply.

"How so?" She asked, the smirk still on her face.

"He's 'playing hard to get'," I told Izzy, with air-quotations.

"Really," she said incredulously, "That doesn't sound like Jace."

"I thought so too."

Iz brought her finger to her temple, and looked up thoughtfully, as if she were thinking really hard. She suddenly grinned and squealed. "Oh! Oh! I have an idea!"

I groaned. Isabelle's ideas were never good.

She sat down on the bed and her smile changed from excited to mischievous. "So..."

xxx

Next thing you know, we were at the lingerie store. Th place was stuffed with the most sluttish bras and underwear I have ever seen! Is this really where Isabelle shopped? The place stank of perfume, and to make it better, the clientele were all staring at me, the short, red-headed girl in a blue t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers.

Why, oh why, did I agree to Isabelle's plan? Or should I say plans.

"Time to get you the sexiest outfits in the store. Three of them, actually," said Isabelle.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"Are you girls looking for anything in particular?" asked the store clerk.

"Yes!" Isabelle exclaimed. "We need three absolutely sexy outfits for this girl right here."

I bit my lip. Oh, how I didn't want to be there right then.

"Ohh! What for?" asked the store clerk.

"She's having a war with her boyfriend. And might I say, he's VERY experienced, meanwhile she isn't." She whispered the last part.

"Isabelle!"

"Perfect!" Said the store clerk, rubbing her hands together, and grinning impishly.