twenty-two

Chapter 22

Teddy Lupin

"You were right, Vic." Lily shook her head "You're completely mental."

"But Lily-"

"No. I thought the boys-" she pointed to the Marauders  "-would try to convince me of something like that, but I never thought you or Teddy would sink so low."

"I take offense to that!" Sirius cried

"Sirius," Victoire smiled at him sweetly. He voice was smooth and sweet. "now is not the time nor the place. I highly suggest you shut it before I make you shut up." Sirius mimicked locking his mouth with a key. He looked rather terrified.

"Victoire, unless you can definitively prove to me that you are from the future, I think we're done here." Lily got up to move toward the doors.

"Wait!" Teddy reached out for her and grabbed her arm. "Just- please." He looked to Victoire, his eyes begging her to think of something.

"Lily, I'm going to tell you a story. A true one." Vic looked to Teddy for affirmation. He gently shrugged. They both looked at Lily. She nodded uneasily and sat back down.

The Marauders (minus James who was still upstairs) all moved to the front of the couch to listen to the story. Teddy joined them on the floor. Victoire took a deep breath and started her story with a slight disclaimer.

"Lily, there are things in this story that are.... Unpleasant. Frankly quite upsetting. In all honesty, my parents waited until me and Teddy were 15 before they told us the story in full."

"Just tell me. I have to know."

"Just tell her Vic. It'll take a while but it'll be worth it."

And Victoire told her story.

"On October 31st, a little boy was delivered to the doorstep of his aunt and uncle's house, delivered by a weeping Hagrid and a wary Dumbledore. They left him there with only so much as a note explaining his presence.

"While the boy was growing up, he showed the signs a young wizard would. He  a uncontrolled and unexplained fits of magic here and there. His aunt and uncle noticed and resented him for it. They were the absolute opposite of the boy. Now come his 11th birthday, the boy was very surprised to find out he was a wizard, despite the fact he's a half blood.

"During his time at Hogwarts, he met two lifelong best friends, as well as countless other friends. Some of which were lifelong, others he only wished were lifelong. You see, this boy grew up during the start of a war, but he was lucky enough to see the end of it too. In fact, he was the reason it ended.

"Lily, this boy was, and still is, known as the chosen one. A prophecy was told before he was born saying he and he alone would be the only one who could stop the threat known as Voldemort." (Several people flinched, Victoire pressed on.) "When Voldemort was informed of the prophecy, he went to kill the boy as soon as he was able. It was hard for him, though. The one year old child and his parents were hidden under the fidelius charm. Yet Voldemort still found them. His father told his mother to run with him and get themselves to safety. Sadly they were cornered and had nowhere to go even as skilled of wizards as they were. The father was killed and Voldemort moved upstairs to where the boy and his mother had run off to. The boy's mother refused to step away from her baby. She refused to let him die, and tried to shield him with her body. Sadly, she too was killed. Voldemort moved to the child and cast the dreaded Avada Kedavra killing curse."

"That's an awful story Vic. The only child who would be able to anything to stop You-Know-Who killed? That seems like a very bleak fate for all of us."

"But I told you, he lived to see the end of the war." Vic insisted.

"Go on...."

"The curse rebounded. His mother's sacrifice saved and protected him. The curse hit Voldemort and he was believed dead."

"But you said said start too, not just end. How could the boy be alive now and Voldemort alive?" Remus argued

"She said he was one, idiot." Sirius flicked his ear. "He must still be young. We're only at the start of this war."

"Actually," Teddy said "He won't be born for a couple of years."

"S- so there's more to the story?" Peter stutted

"Yup." Vic popped the p

"Then keep going!" Lily urged, she was obviously really into the story.

"The boy grew up parentless. Like I said he went to his aunt and uncle. At hogwarts, many things went wrong. A professor with a piece Voldemort's fragmented soul living in the back of his head tried to steal what is known as the philosopher's stone, a basilisk (who was being controlled by another piece of Voldemort's soul) went throughout the school trying to kill muggleborns, a convicted serial killer escaped from Azkaban and was believed to be the cause of the boy's parent's death indirectly, Voldemort returned into corporeal form, the boy's Godfather died after them only really knowing each other for less than a year, a professor killed another professor, then he went on the run..

"While he was on the run, along with the two friends of his i mentioned earlier, they were hunting the rest of the pieces of Voldemort's soul that I keep mentioning. They ended up getting most of them, before finding out the last two were at Hogwarts, which was now riddled with Death Eaters and other threats.

"The night they returned was the night everything ended."

Victoire took her time describing each aspect of the Battle of Hogwarts. She left no detail out excluding the names of each death, substituting them instead for their relation to 'the boy' instead.Only after she made very clear that Voldemort was dead, and for good, did she move on.

"The boy moved on. It was hard at first, he had lost so much. He did have a couple things though, his friends, his girlfriend, an orphaned godchild. Slowly everything around him was rebuilt and made stronger than before. That included buildings, relationships, trust for those who were thought to be spies. He felt broken for quite a while. It was to be expected, really. He felt responsible for the death toll that night. Only did he feel whole again once he opened his heart out to his girlfriend and asked her to become his wife. Together they had three children, adding to a sea of cousins. They also took in his godson after his grandmother who had been raising him, passed. But he lived on. He is happy now."

"Who is that story about?"

"Harry Potter, James' son."

(A/N: Gah! 6k READS?!? Are you kidding me? That's amazing! Now I'm sorry for not updating in so long but I've been swamped with school and now final are upon me. I've finished one out of a billion so far (ok so not a billion considering I'm only taking eight courses...) The point is, I'm sorry and thank you. I made this chapter longer because I felt bad about not updating as well as this chapter not really being apart of the story line and it being mostly a filler chapter. Also all of you know the story being told (at least you should. Why would you be reading a harry potter fanfiction if you hadn't heard this story at least once!) Thank you for being so patient with me, I don't know when i can get the next chapter to you but I hope you enjoy this one until then. :) -Jul)