sixteen

Chapter 16

Victoire Weasley

Victoire woke up feeling exhausted, and immense pain radiating over her whole body, originating from her ankle. She groaned and slowly opened her eyes. She heard a couple words, but she hadn't quite caught what they were because they were cut off quite abruptly. Vic had a feeling it had to do with her.

"Vicki?" A soft voice said "Can you hear me?"

Victoire opened her eyes slowly. She immediately clamped them shut. This light was quite bright in the room, which she assumed was the Hospital Wing from the smell of antiseptic wafting to her nose.

"What's the date?" She asked. Her voice was quiet and hoarse. Her throat hurt quite a bit.

"It's the 26th by now." The same voice said "December." He added as an afterthought.

"One week." Victoire said. "One flipping week."

Nothing close to getting her home. Not even halfway. Out of 38 years, she traveled a week. A few tears slipped onto her cheek. She'd lost any hope of getting home that she had left.

"Vic?" She opened her eyes again. The voice belonged to Teddy.

"Hi, Ted." she faked a tiny smile.

"Hey Vicki. How you feeling?"

"Like I was hit with a truck." She saw James and Sirius behind Teddy with confused expressions "It's a muggle expression." She explained hastily. Both of their faces softened.

"Do you remember anything that happened last night?" James stepped towards her.

"Not much." Vic admit. Adrenaline had been pumping through her the previous night and her memories had been pretty shot. "I do remember, a werewolf, and it was on top of me. I pushed it off of me using a curse. Then- I thought it was going to kill me, but it was dragged away by- you're going to think I'm crazy."

Realistically, Victoire knew that everyone in company knew about James, Sirius, and Peter being Animagi, but James, Sirius, and Peter didn't know that she and Teddy knew.

"What?"

"Well, a deer and a dog led the wolf away." She took a deep breath. She was acting a lot more frazzled than she felt, but the other three seemed to be buying it "Am I crazy?" She added.

"No," James said softly "but, there's something that Sirius and I need to tell you but I don't know if we should- yet."

"I don't understand." Vic looked at Teddy and he looked at her. They were both in understanding of what she was trying to do.

"What happened to the werewolf?" Vic asked. She saw Sirius' eyes dart over to the bed next to her but then dart back really quickly. Realising her mistake, Vic quickly added, "I don't want the human behind the werewolf to be held accountable for something they can't control."

James took a visible sigh of relief. Vic and Teddy pretended not to notice.

When no one answered Vic question, she asked another one "Who found me? Where were you three?"

"Sirius and I found you." James said. They all turned their attention to Teddy.

"It was the full moon." He said in a whisper "You know where I was."

It was true. She did know. He was venturing about the Forbidden Forest to let off some steam, built up from the tension his werewolf genes had caused him. I used to be the both of them doing that.

James and Sirius eyed the two but didn't press the subject when Vic responded with just a nod. Vic took a deep breath. She couldn't keep up this charade for much longer.

"Could you let me talk to Teddy alone for a minute?" She asked James and Sirius. They nodded and left.

"Vic, I read-" she cut Teddy off.

"Teddy, I can't keep up this charade. With your permission, I want to tell them. James, Sirius, and Remus, I mean. We don't have to tell them everything, like our parents and such, but where we're from."

"Why aren't you home?" Teddy didn't reply to what he said.

"I don't know. The spell took me to last night, not 2015 like it was supposed to."

"I think you're right." Teddy reluctantly admit.

"So we can tell them?"

"Yeah, I don't want you getting hurt again and  think this could help." He smiled at her. "Vic I'm sorry."

"Me too."

When Sirius and James returned, Peter had only stopped by for a moment to pass along some food before leaving again with the excuse of a transfiguration essay due as soon as school returned, Teddy brought out chairs and instructed them to sit.

"We need to talk." Vic stared them down from her hospital bed. "About where Ted and I grew up."

"France?"

"We didn't actually grow up in France." Teddy shook his head "We both grew up in separate parts of Otter St. Catchpole. In Britain."

"Why would you lie about that?" Sirius asked "Why didn't you go to Hogwarts if you were in the UK the entire time?"

"We did." Victoire insisted "I was a Ravenclaw for six years and then I became Head Girl. Teddy was a Hufflepuff and he was going to be Head Boy."

James and Sirius stared at them with blank expressions.

"When we were on the train for our seventh and final year, we were both in the same compartment. After the trolley witch came by, we fell asleep. Teddy woke up to someone who shared the same name as his godsister helping him up off the train platform. I woke up to someone, I helping me up, with the two of you and Peter standing behind him.

"The thing that makes this so peculiar, was I had heard stories about all of you, the Marauders, but I was told stories from almost four decades earlier."

"You can't expect us to believe this story. A little unbelievable, don't you think?"

"That's exactly what this is!" Teddy threw his arms up. Hs voice started to raise in volume "I wouldn't believe this if I hadn't been living it! I had a nice life in 2015, but no.... Everything had to change. I mean, sure I didn't have parents or anything, but I had family who loves me."

"2015?' James stared at him in disbelief.

Victoire came up with an idea of how to convince them."Teddy do you have my bag?"

"Uh, yeah." He pulled it up from the floor and dropped it on the bed."What do you have in here? A bunch of rocks?" Victoire thought back to her trunk being shrunk inside it.

"Something like that." She said with a smirk.

She dug through it and pulled out a photo album as well as her wand. She un-shank the album and flipped to a certain page. She flipped it towards the boys.

"This is my family." She said "All my aunts and uncles and cousins." She pointed to someone "Do you recognize this man?" James' eyes were wide. She had pointed to her uncle Harry who looked a lot like his father. Who, incidentally, was James Potter. "That man is Teddy's godfather. Everyone tells him he looks like his father."

She sat back and let that statement sink in on the two.

"Is that my..." James trailed off. Vic and Teddy nodded "You really are from the future."

(A/N: Hello. How are you today? I have some unfortunate news for you. School starts again tomorrow. Updates will probably get a lot slower, I'm sorry. Can all of you go read my new(ish) story Cowardice: Book 1? I worked really hard but it only has 10 reads on 3 parts. Love you all! -Jul)