forty-five

Chapter 45

Together, Vic and Teddy performed their spell. Immediately, they started feeling sleepy. They fell right asleep on the floor.

When they woke up, they felt like they had apparated a long distance, with the pull in their stomach. Teddy almost threw up in a nearby bush.

They were on a dark street in the middle of the night. It was wet like it had just rained. Victoire stood up and looked around. They were near a playground. It looked sad and empty in the middle of the night with no children to play on it. Wait, no, there was a boy. Not a young child, persay, but a boy maybe thirteen years old. He looked scared and alone.

"Excuse me?" Victoire called to him. He looked started and pointed a stick at her. Not a stick, a wand! The boy was a wizard. He stumbled back on the curb and fell over. Suddenly, a big three leveled bus roared up beside him.

Victoire quickly darted out of sight and into the bush realising what happened. She dragged a still queasy Teddy with her. They heard voices of the boy talking to the conductor of the bus. Soon, the bus, that the time travelers recognized as the knight bus, roared down the street, the opposite way it came.

"Ted!" Vic exclaimed, hitting his arm "I know where we are!"

"You do?" He asked "How?"

"That boy." Vic pointed to where the knight bus had just stood. "Do you know who that boy was?"

"Wasn't it...?" Teddy trailed off. They both knew. "That means-" Again, Teddy didn't finish the sentence. He, like Vic, knew it was a young Harry Potter. They quickly darted out of the bushes, knowing what was already there. "I'll have you know," Teddy called to the bushes they had just been in "That's no way to greet you godson after twelve years."

No reply came from the shrubbery.

The young couple just assumed that Padfoot had scattered when they dove for covered. What they didn't know, was that there was a large black dog, still hidden in the shadows of the leaves, listening and watching to the two people who looked familiar from a decade ago.

"Don't be stupid Sirius." Teddy added as an afterthought. "So, the next full moon is September 1st. That's only a week, but since we're not going so far this time, we don't have to wait, we can go now."

"Ok." Vic spared one last glance to the bushes. "Then let's go."

The spell was cast and once again they were off.

(A/N: it's 3am. I lost over 1000 words of a chapter, got back 700 and have been racking my brain for the last 300. I have no idea what it it... I had to re write it but I don't know how simlar it ended up. Sorry for the short chapter but it's all apart of the bigger story (haha) -Jul)