Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Malcolm
"Where you from Tarna?" Amy asked as we all gathered around the lounges.
Archie, Amy and Graham sat on one, Allie, Liv and Tarna on the other, Callum in the arm chair by the fire and me safely leaning on the back of the lounge, behind Tarna in case I had to pull her out of a hole she often dug herself in.
"Ah, Braemar. But I've moved around since I was thirteen."
"Why?" Allie asked with that evil smirk.
"Nope," I said making everyone turn in my direction, "stop interrogatin' her."
"I'm not," she said, defensive.
"You are," Callum chuckled from his chair.
"Okay, aye, I am."
I frowned when I heard the small giggles of Tarna.
"It's really okay," Tarna reassured her, "My parents – well, adopted parents, kicked me out when I shifted for the first time. Werewolf daughter wasn't what they exactly wanted."
When everyone stayed quiet, I leant over and whispered in her ear, "you didn't have to tell them that."
"I know some of their secrets, they should know some of mine."
"What secrets?"
I bit my lip at the sound of Amy's question. It probably wasn't the best idea to reveal all my family secrets to Tarna and then have her tell my siblings that she knows all about them. Even things she would love to forget.
Knowing that I could explain things better than Tarna could, I sighed, "Everythin'. I told her everythin' – well showed her. But aye, she knows everythin'."
"Includin' everythin' that happened last year?" Archie asked.
I nodded, "Most of it."
Both Archie and Amy shared uneasy looks.
"Guys, it's okay," I reassured them.
Archie nodded avoiding his eyes from Amy's. He only looked at her when she took his hand and gave him a strong smile.
Feeling the mood definitely drop, Allie sighed, "Okay, things just got heavy really fast. Tell us about the time you and Malcolm met."
"Really?" Tarna groaned, "That's not a happy story."
"Oh Malcolm," Liv groaned, "What did you do?"
I coughed awkwardly as Tarna turned her body with that fake smile of hers.
"Do you want to tell the story or shell I?" she asked, titling her head.
"Ah you better do it," I said, "Your vision might be better than mine."
"I hardly doubt it but okay. I was in my cave takin'a bath –."
"Oo, I like this story already," Graham said sitting forward, suddenly interested.
I narrowed my eyes at him, as Tarna continued, "I didn't hear him at first but then I caught his scent and there he was, just standin' there –."
"Aw, a love story waitin' to happen," Amy added making Archie chuckle.
"Anyway, I didn't realize what was happenin' at first. And when I did, Malcolm did to, though his reaction was different from mine."
"Oh God," Allie groaned, "What did he do?"
"He, hit the wall," Tarna said, causing my siblings to burst into laughter.
"Oh Brother," Graham wheezed, "always that charmer."
"You sure know how to get a lass' attention," Archie snickered.
"That's not the worse bit," Tarna stated, making my brother's stop.
"What?" they asked in unison.
"Oh, I'm goin' to die," I groaned.
"He ran out of the cave."
That set their laughter back on track.
"It's not that funny," I said, groaning.
"Oh Malcolm, it is," Archie sighed.
"You ran out of a cave that contained your wet naked mate. Remember what I said this mornin'?" Graham reminded me.
"What did he say this mornin'?" Tarna asked looking up at me.
"Nothin'," I said with my fakest smile.
I leaned in to kiss her but jumped away when she asked, "What did you say?" Sneaky Little Wolf. My mind immediately started to think of ways to punish her later.
"Oh just that after so long without sex, Malcolm is growin' back his virginity."
"Graham," Callum snapped.
"Boundaries," Liv groaned.
"She wanted to know!"
"Malcolm isn't a virgin," Tarna said so surly that it made my heart warm as I tried to hide my smirk but it wasn't working.
"Tarna, it was a joke. I mean, Malcolm was always a virgin," Graham said, proud of his little joke.
"No, no, no," Tarna said, through her laughs, "Malcolm is not a virgin."
Graham opened his mouth to speak when he stopped.
"Oh my God," Amy finished for him.
"But you," Archie paused, "You're not..."
"You didn't claim her," Callum finished for him, frowning at me with his mouth slightly opened.
"Oh my god," Allie said, her voice full of shock.
I swallowed, feeling once against ashamed of my actions.
"You Bastard!" Allie yelled, jumping from her seat.
"Allie –."
"No you listen to me you selfish little prick," she growled, "You shagged her and didn't claim her? You are damn lucky that she didn't rip you apart!"
My heart caught in my throat and my mouth slightly dropped. It wasn't until she saw my face that she realised what she had said. The thought became suffocating and the only way to stand was to lean on the lounge. Anyone else would have apologised but Allie wasn't the apologising type. She was more like me in that department. Instead she ran out of the room. As soon as she left, Tarna turned around so that she was now leaning on the lounge, cupping my cheeks.
"It's okay, Malcolm," she told me.
"I'm so sorry," I said, my breath full of air, "How can I make it better? Tell me to make it better."
"You already have," she told me before latching her lips to mine.
I took them thankfully, taking her body in my arms.
"Well," Graham sighed, "Now I've seen everythin'."