The Truth is in the Pudding

Zayn POV:

I got back at the living room and there was a weird vibe in the air. "Hey guys, sorry, I had to take a call from work." It wasn't a complete lie... I took a seat on the chair I had sat on before. There was a row of pastries laid down the table. All you can think of, macarons, cakes, and chocolates. I'm guessing desert was served while I was gone.

"So Zayn, Perrie has told us some interesting stuff." Deborah piped in.

"MUM!" Perrie said sternly giving her mother a glare that meant that she wanted her to be quiet.

I was interested in what they were talking about because I'm pretty sure it was about me.

"It's inevitable, so we have to talk about it sooner or later, and I choose now because why not?" She explained herself, amused, "Perrie has told me that you two are getting serious and by serious I mean marriage serious."

I almost choked on the red velvet cake I was munching on. Perrie and I did talk about that before. It was the kind of conversation that arose after sex where we think about our future. I was planning on being in a long term commitment with her, but I thought it would be sometime in a couple of years. I'm only 20; I'm not ready for the fruit of Zerrie's loins.

"Do you love Perrie?" Perrie's dad asked from out of nowhere.

Joanna scolded at him, "Alexander! What kind of a question is that? Of course he does, can't you see the way he looks at her?"

"I'm gonna go leave now..." Caitlan shuffled out of her seat awkwardly and left for one of the guest bedrooms. I wish I could exit this conversation that easily too.

"Yes, I do love Perrie!" I defended myself.

"Then why don't you say "I do" at the altar?" Alexander asked.

"I mean it does make sense, why would you spend 3 more years dating when you can spend them happily married?"

That was the weird vibe: tension.

Perrie rubbed circles on her temples. She was obviously getting frustrated as I was.

"Can you guys please just drop it?" She pleaded.

"We love you, Zayn, and from what Perrie has told us, your family loves her too as she loves them."

"I think what we're trying to say is that you have our blessing if you ever want to propose to Perrie." Deborah explained.

That lifted a layer of anxiety from me. I thought they were going to force me to propose to Perrie on the spot.

"It's a pleasure to know that you would allow me the privilege of marrying your daughter." I smiled at them.

"I'm gonna go clean up, Zayn, would you mind helping me?" Perrie asked getting up.

"Sure, I'll be there in a minute."

Everyone excused themselves to go to bed because they had to have been tired, not only from the plane ride, but of that dinner fiasco. I know I certainly was.

I picked up all of the empty plates and went in the kitchen to put them in the dishwasher.

"Did you really mean it, what you said that you would marry me?" Well, I didn't actually say that, but okay.

"Perrie, babe, you know I love you very much and that I want to spend the rest of my life with you, but I wanna show you how much I love you in a more romantic and personal way." I said looking deep into her blue orbs.

"Could that romantic way take place in the bedroom?" She raised her eyebrow flirtatiously.

"You know your parents are here right, and you're little sis! We'll scar her for life!"

She smirked, "Our bedroom isn't soundproofed for nothing."

She took my hand and lead me to paradise.

****

A/N I can't write a sex scene bc that feels too dirty. I mean you all have creatively kinky minds, so at the end [insert sex scene here].