Love Elevator 21 - Dominic

The banner was made by My_Darkest_Angel :D Thank you very much XD

***

-Recap-

Dom was paying full attention to her mom’s explanation, then he looked at me. When he saw the expression on my face, his eyes were widened. “Mom, I will call you back later.” After saying that, he closed the phone.

“What’s wrong, Libby? Why did you cry?” His panicked face was so cute. I would have laughed, if I didn’t have turmoil in my head. What should I do?

****

Dominic

I felt confused, when I saw the woman. Was that her mom too? When I asked about her, turned out it was her step-mom, the woman who had an affair with her father. She said that she was fine, but I knew that she didn’t tell me the truth. I could only comfort her by hugging her. I asked her what she thought about the mating, she was still thinking about it. I couldn’t blame her; this concept was foreign to a human. Human didn’t have mate.

After I finished changing my dress and wiped the make-up with water, I went out to find her sitting on the floor. She wore the sweater that I gave her just now. She asked me some questions about the mating. I even called my family to get the answer about it from my mother. My family was so embarrassing, especially my Daddy. Gosh! Did he really need to say bang her? Gay? I could only shake my head, he was crazy. Luckily, my mom could control his craziness.

The fact about mating that I was afraid of, well . . . if she rejected me. Usually, the one who rejected their mate was human, because they couldn’t really feel the bond. At least, I got my chance to get closer to her in the elevator. I hoped that she liked what she saw in me. I knew that she felt the bond with me. If she accepted me, I would appreciate it and loved her with my everything.

I knew she was listening to my mom’s explanation, but when we got to the part of rejected mate, she was crying. She made me panicked and I ended up the call and went to her. I asked if she were okay.

“I’m okay. It’s just there are a lot of things to take in at once.” She said that, while sniffling.

“We can take it slow. You don’t have to think about it now. I don’t want to pressure you.” I tried to make her feel better.

“It’s – it’s just . . . I thought mating is a weird thing. It’s just there because of the pull. How can I know if I really love you? I want to take things slow, to get to know you more. But, when your mother said, if I reject you, you will lose your mind. I’m scared. I start to care about you. It’s just I always try to keep people away, or someday they will leave me and I will be left heart-broken. But, I care for you.” She told me what she thought.

She cared for me. For now, it’s enough. I knew the pull was there, but I didn’t want to say I love you easily. It seemed like she thought the same thing. Every relationship started with care and after getting to know each other, it was where the love started to blossom. If she wanted to take it slow, it was fine with me.

“Don’t worry, we can take it slow. I don’t know if this is love too, but at least, we can feel the attraction between us. We even know each other’s past, when we stuck just now. If you want to take it slow, it doesn’t mean that you reject me.” I explained to her.

“Really? I don’t want you to lose your mind. I’m not worth it.” I felt my chest hurt, when she said that. She didn’t think that she’s worth it? I knew that it’s all because of her parents. It made her can’t see how beautiful and perfect she is.

I touched both of her cheeks slowly and said, “Please, look at me, Libby.” When she looked up, I said the things that I wanted to say, “Never say that you’re not worth it. I don’t care about them, but you are worth it for me. Not only because you are my mate. But I start to care about you too. You are beautiful, you are funny, you are smart, you have spunk, you are perfect for me. So, please never say that you’re not worth it again.”