Chapter 4: What Actually Happened

"A-A patient go-got out I think it's- AHHHHH" Jackie yelled as she heard the song once more. She dropped the phone and ran. 

"Leave me alone!" She yelled back to who ever it was that was trying to scare her. 

"RUN LITTLE GIRL RUN!" That evil voice rang out "Watch out! HA! Your baby is mine!"

Jackie kept running, she didn't know where she was going but she wanted to get out of that building. The facility doors were just up ahead all Jackie had to do was get the key from her pocket and she was home free. 

The sliding glass doors looked like heaven to Jackie, she needed to get home to her baby boy as fast as she could.

Jackie fumbled with the keys causing them to drop.

"You can't get away! You are mine!"

Her hands were shaking, to much fear coursing through her body. Get a grip Jackie! She yelled at her self. 

Jackie picked up the keys and opened the doors, running to her car.

Her car was parked a mile away due to the small parking lot for visitors. That mile felt like 100 miles.

Run! Jackie keep running! Run for your baby! She told her self. 

The night was dark and Jackie couldn't see anything, she had the feeling that she was still being followed.

"You can run but you can't hide!" The voice is back.

Jackie stopped not being able to breathe, her chest rising and falling rapidly.

"Turn around." The voice said.

Jackie stopped breathing right there and then, she slowly turned and faced her tormentor. 

The girl lunged and Jackie felt her skin being punctured by something big and sharp. Blood spewing everywhere. 

Jackie covered her wound with her hand and began to run again. The last thing she heard was the evil demonic laugh that filled the night sky. 

*                  *                        * 

Elizabeth finally got to the facility. Her mind was in overdrive. She approached the open glass doors, everything seemed OK, but where was Jackie.

"Hey!" yelled one of the police officers. Elizabeth followed his yell, what she saw was horrific. Blood everywhere, and beside the blood laid a limp Jackie.

"Is she alive." Elizabeth's voice was cracking from the sob that she had stopped.

"Just barley, we need to get her to the hospital." Said one of the EMT's that was on site. 

"OK, please hurry and call this number, it's her husband." Elizabeth said handing the EMT the number. 

"Aren't you coming?" He asked her.

"No I need to make sure that none of the patients are hurt." 

The EMT nodded and got in the ambulance. 

Elizabeth headed into the facility and checked every room, but Nicole Davis' room. She didn't want to go into that room until Norman came. 

Elizabeth got to the desk and hit the button that controlled the lights in the building. Every light came on and things were easier to see. She sat in the chair and waited until Norman came in.

Of course though Norman didn't come into work until 8 AM.

"Lizzie? What are you doing here? isn't Jackie supposed to be behind that desk and not you?" He asked her.

"That's the problem Norman, Jackie was attacked. She called me saying that a patient was mocking her, tormenting her. I think it was the Davis girl."

"The Davis girl? That is impossible she has restraints and the door is locked from the outside, there is no possible way that she could have gotten out."

"Well let us go check, shall we Norman?" Said Elizabeth signalling Norman to go first.

They walked to the end of the facility in silence. Norman hated this room, he hated the patient with a passion.

The door was closed when they got to her room, all locked up like it should be.

"Well aren't you going to open it?" Asked Elizabeth.  

Norman sighed and grabbed the keys from his key chain, he slowly unlocked the door and opened it. 

The girl was in her bed staring up at the ceiling, her restraints intact. 

"I'm hungry." She said in a quiet voice.

"We will get you food, just wait awhile." Said Elizabeth.

The girl nodded.

"Are you happy? She didn't get out, she can't." Said Norman.

Elizabeth still didn't fell convinced, not one bit. 

"I don't know Norman, Jackie said that one of the patients came out of their room." 

"And that is typical. Did you forget that Mr. Nap sleep walks?"

"Then explain why Jackie was stabbed and left for dead?" Said Elizabeth.

"Maybe she got attacked heading to her car by some random person, I'm telling you Lizzie none of the patients hurt Jackie." 

"We'll see. As soon as Jackie gets better we will ask her." 

"You know what if you want to find out, you take the night shift tonight." Snapped Norman. Elizabeth was taken aback. 

"you know I can't, tonight is my sister's dinner rehearsal. Why don't you?" She countered.

"Whatever Elizabeth, if that makes you think it will convince me, I'll stay."

Elizabeth smiled and walked off, leaving the facility to Norman and the rest of the nurses that day.

-------------------------------------------------------READ ME------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you think? Did you like i figure i will give you something before thanksgiving. :) I'm being gracious today. hope you enjoy the chapter and Happy Holidays.

Katlyn1953