A Figment of My Imagination

Walking into school and looking into Theo's eyes was breath-taking. But looking away towards the crowd of school people actually moving aside to make a path for us was even more breath taking. People cheered, whistled, smiled, waved and yelled the words "aaaw" and "congratulations" at us. It was no surprise: news in our school tended to spread like wildfire. I must admit, I wasn't sure whether to make my new relationship status public just yet.

"Gosh this is so uncomfortable and embarassing. Did you tell all of these people?" Theo said as he gave cold stares to everyone around him.

"N-n-no, I just told Bethany. Why?"I stuttered, feeling a bit offended that he thought I was some sort of chick who liked opening her mouth to random school people.

"Oh. Well next time, please tell her not to tell anyone?"

"Um. Okay."

"Well, I wonder what happens if I do this." he said, smirking.

Suddenly, he stopped in the middle of our path, swooped me in his arms and gave me a tender kiss in front of everyone. The cheering increased in volume as everyone couldn't believe what they saw. They felt a different kind of passion and they knew Theo and I's relationship was not like the average teenage fling. It was deep, meaningful and in a way mysterious.

"EVERYBODY GET TO CLASSES NOW. YOU ARE ALL FIVE MINUTES LATE TO SCHOOL! THEO AND KASEY TO MY OFFICE - NOW!" yelled Mrs Hammersmith.

Time simply flew by and I could not believe everyone was late to classes due to my love life; it was insane!

Theo and I walked through the corridor straight to the office making sure we did not hold hands after our rather alarming display of affection. Theo looked at me, smiled faintly and knocked on Mrs Hammersmith's office door.

"Come in." Mrs Hammersmith replied, coldy.

"Oh God. I can see where this is going." I immediately thought.

"Sit down," she said, sipping her latte in an elaborately gold-laced china teacup.

"So what on Earth was all of that outside?"

There was an awkward moment of silence. I tried to force words out of my mouth although I didn't know what to say and I just couldn't explain how I felt about Theo to the headteacher.

"I'm sorry Mrs Hammersmith. I kissed Kasey. That's what happened." Theo said, clearing his throat.

"Well your kiss has left the whole school with a "late" to registration."

"I'm sorry, it will never happen again."

"It better not. I don't mind what you do. Just keep your teenage fling outside."

"It's not a teenage fling!" Theo sounded like he was raging with anger.

I never thought he would be angry. Especially to the head teacher.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry. I just. Just please don't brand it a teenage fling. I'm not like other boys."

"Well. This is rather fascinating. No wonder why people were in awe. Maybe I shall order those "late" marks to be taken off the register. Well, scoot off, that's all."

"Sorry and thank you Mrs Hammersmith." Theo said, raising from his chair.

I followed him, trying to process everything that Theo said.

"Oh, Kasey." Mrs Hammersmith said as I was approaching the office door.

"Yes Mrs Hammersmith?"

"Appreciate the lovely young lad you have. Don't let him slip through your fingers. I told my childhood heartthrob he was the worst boyfriend ever and dumped him because I thought he cheated on me. Next thing you know, he dies from being hit by a lorry and it turned out that he wasn't cheating but the girl was drunk and came on to him."

I saw Mrs Hammersmith's chocolate brown eyes flicker with sadness and shame. I never saw this soft side to her. It was motherly and it was just what I needed seeing as my mother an unsupportive and horrid person.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure I won't." I replied.

She nodded her head and I entwined my fingers around Theo's hand.

We were just in time for History class after walking back from the meeting with Mrs Hammersmith. I threw down my back and sat down to listen to Mr Moatley. He was honestly the best history teacher ever. He was ever so enthusiastic and always ensured that every student could reach their potential. However that day, something wasn't right.

"So today. We will be looking at an ancient tribal legend. It is not part of your History Specification. This is just a fun little lesson." The tone of his voice was almost monotone that it was actually begininng to frighten me a little.

"The ancient legend dates back to three thousand years ago, deep into the forests of Escadore. Where there were said to be walking skeletal figures that lurked within."

"Sir. This really is an irrelevant lesson. Wouldn't it make sense to teach something that followed our specification?" Theo called out.

"So you want a change of topic now? Well what are you hiding Mr. Morela? Would you like to share it with the class?" snarled Mr Moatley.

People raised eyebrows at each other, in confusion as to why Mr Moatley was acting strangely. It didn't help when I thought I saw Mr Moatley's eyes glow red. Convinced that it was a figment of my imagination, I turned to Theo.

"Share what exactly? I have nothing to hide."

"Hahahahahaha! Oh PUR-LEASE. Sure you don't. Or would YOU like me to tell them all? Muahahaha!"

"Mr Moatley, are you sure you're alright? Would you like some water?" Theo pulled out a small and thin bottle containing a clear liquid.

"NOO, not the water! Not the water! Anything but the water! The water! That water! No no no no!"

Theo immediately rose, took the top off and threw the water over Mr Moatley's eyes who let out a sudden scream. He limply fell to the floor.

"Guys, calm down he will be fine in approximately thirteen seconds. Do NOT tell other people about this. Please. And don't expect me to explain because I am not."

No one responded. They stood in silence as everyone could feel Theo's angry vibe. Something told us all not to mess with him so we obeyed his order. Everyone glanced at Mr Moatley in astonishment. He just got up and carried on like normal.

"Right guys! Nice to see you all seated! So today we will be looking at the Weimar Government and what the people of Germany felt about them. Any questions?" Mr Moately asked in his usual enthusiastic voice.

"Guys you all look like you've woken up from the dead! Live a little! Come on where's all the fun?! Let me hand you guys these source worksheets."

History flew by as I thought more and more about the incident. It was clear that the beginning of History was not Mr Moatley. He must have been posessed. Theo didn't like the near-truth of what this unknown spirit was saying... so that meant this legend theory was true. I was thinking I should do some research but then decided that I needed more clues first. The only problem was, I didn't know how.