Chapter Eleven

Kai growled quietly to himself. It had been a few days since he was last in control, which was very generous towards his weak, other personality. If he had it his way, Kaiden would never have control.

But, unfortunately, there were limits to how long he could be in control. The ridiculous curse shouldn't have put the limit on that.

Luckily, he didn't, and wouldn't, need to be in control the whole time anyways. It would be easier to let Kaiden do what he knew best: capturing hearts.

He was an expert, after doing it for years. Even though Kai could see his past memories and what he did, he still probably couldn't be as good as him.

Kai had no patience wooing or cajoling women. If they irritated him, he might not be able to restrain himself from breaking them. Only if he was in a good mood.

And the flirting and the compliments? Those such things rarely ever came out of his mouth, or even in his head. He didn't care enough to pay attention was he a gentleman who offered up kind words. That was another problem with him doing all the hard work.

The same is with sympathy. Such thoughts never occur to him. Understanding one's hardships and weakness was too bothersome. If a woman broke down and started crying, he would not comfort her. And based on Kaiden's memories, women seemed to love the comfort and sympathy, although that was fake on his part, as much as Kaiden himself.

Breaking hearts would be much easier. A few words, preferably with a threat, and it would all be over. Even with the clingy few, it wouldn't take long to change their minds.

And if they still didn't, Kai would have the pleasure of convincing them, in a much messier way.

But the more he thought about it, the more he had to admit that it would be a lot more fun if it was a little bit messier, considering if things went that way.

Which it would.

But he was so tired of waiting. There was nothing for him to do besides painfully waiting for Kaiden to fall in love. The girls seem to fall in love with him fine, it was the other way around that was concerning him.

That unfortunate incident was irritating. Kaiden was still affected by that, and refused to let anyone get close, therefore, slowing down the process greatly. If Kai could find the people who made Kaiden that way, he would strangle them, purely for affecting his plan.

But at the same time, if it weren't for them, maybe he wouldn't have existed.

And since Kaiden would take forever going anywhere, Kai was determined to help quicken the process. The sooner he fell in love, the sooner Kai would have total control. So to whomever Kaiden had the most pull towards, he would help her out in capturing his heart.

Even if that meant having to fake good intentions and support. But if Kaiden could do it, he would sure be able to too. Maybe he could practice with someone.

Kai cycled through his memories, again, to see any progress on Kaiden's mission. Unfortunately, not many options were out of the running, which meant that Kaiden was nowhere closer than he was a month ago. The only upside to that would be that he would have more things to do, considering that he was suffering from boredom.

Being deceptively quiet took quite a lot of effort. To lull Kaiden into a false sense of security, Kai had to avoid destroying anything or taunting him.

Finally, he started to carefully observe and analyze the women.

Red intrigued Kaiden and he thought about her a lot, so he would continue to keep a lookout on her. Not that it was a problem, Kai really understood why Kaiden fancied her. That prey-like persona of hers made her desirable to both him and Kaiden.