Some Notes from Nat

Hello and thank you for opening this guide! I'm Natalie (Nat for short) and I'm going to be your guide through the world of Tamaran. A beautiful, tropical planet that used to be home to our favorite princess from beyond Earth, Koriand'r. Before we get started, I want to introduce you to some of the shortened names I'll be using in the guide and other names you may be unfamiliar with.

Kory = Koriand'r
Kory is a shortened version of her name and some people use Kori. I use the 'y' because that's the way it was spelled before DC rebooted their entire continuity and launched the New 52 in 2011. I prefer that version of her name because I grew up with it and it's representative of her as a character for me.

Kom = Komand'r = Blackfire
If you're at all familiar with the comics or the Teen Titans tv show, you'll remember Blackfire/Komand'r as the nasty older sister of Kory. I call her Kom when I'm too lazy to type out the entire thing (which happens a lot).

Ryan = Ryand'r = Darkfire/Wildfire
Ryan is Kory's younger brother and sometimes goes by Darkfire in the Omega Men title and was called Wildfire in Teen Titans Go! - the spin off/companion comic of the 2003 Teen Titans animated series. It's worth noting that Ryand'r was never actually in the cartoon spin-off  but was impersonated by the villain, Madame Rouge.

If you come across more words that are unfamiliar to you, please feel free to leave a question for me in the comments section or take a look at the glossary at the end of this book!