Twenty-Four | Kidnappers

24

"What the hell were you thinking?" I asked, trying to hold together my thin patience. The pair of them glanced at each warily. They could tell I wasn't in the mood for saving them from exposure. The pack here even though ruled by Liam and my father didn't automatically mean I trusted everyone. Who knew who could have seen these two and connected the dots. They weren't normal wolves. Someone would let out the secret. We'd be put through hell if the society knew about us Rare's.

"We weren't expecting him to follow us" Leon confessed his tone light. He was trying his best to tread lightly considering my mood.

"We just wanted some alone together" Jade said calmly. They wanted to time as mates. Eric's face popped into my mind. I guess I could understand now. They are still teenagers. Heck I'm still one, trying to balance the life of an alpha.

Sighing, I nodded my head. All the frustration had left my body. "I'm sorry, I get it. Just be more careful next time" I told them before walking away.

I had felt the intense emotion of Leon the moment it begun. He was alert and protective making me seriously concerned so I had run out of the house. Shifting into my wolf for more speed as I followed their scents. I could feel our connect becoming stronger the nearer I got.

His upright and defiant stance triggered my body to push myself between him and the wolf in front of him. Only to come to a stop once I took him in in clear daylight. I slightly remember ordering the pair to go home as I kept my eyes on him. I didn't think I could ever take them off him. His flippant stance of power strong with his dark silver fur catching the light of the sun. I continued to hold my ground despite the obvious height difference. No matter how almighty and feared I was the structure and height of his form towered my own.

He was one of the largest wolves I'd come across. It should have made me feel intimated but I just felt relaxed in his presence. Eric's bright eyes had been trained on my own the whole time, only breaking the contact briefly.

Unable to withstand the lack of attention I had listened into his thoughts. Hearing each other fly out and tumble over the other. I knew I should of have answered his question, but I didn't have a choice. In my wolf state it had slightly more reign on my abilities, answering him without my full consent. His abrupt stare with unsettling as his face was clouded with shock and confusion. Despite the pull I felt towards him I ran in fear that I would be unable to stop myself from making contact with him.

"Charlie?" my father called out breaking me out of my daze. I hadn't of realized I was aimlessly walking down the hallway past his opened office.

I popped my head into his room with a forced smile on my face. So many thoughts of today were still swarming me. I felt like I was slowly being suffocated.

"Yes?" I answered with a question. He was seated in his large chair, his tie undone and his work a mess around him. Like father like daughter I couldn't help but notice.

"I did some background research because I was curious and worried" he said expecting me to know what he was going on about. Sadly, he didn't give me many clues. He was most likely working on overtime.

"Research on what?" I asked planting myself in the chair in front of him.

"Bella and Blue. I found out where they are from, they've been classed as missing children for two years" He said flatly, his eyes training on my own. I tried to hide the surprise that washed over and probably would of succeeded if I didn't subconsciously tighten my grip on the chair arm. His eyes held an expression I couldn't describe, almost like betrayal yet disbelief. He mostly didn't understand his own feelings.