Midnight Messages

M I D N I G H T   M E S S A G E S
Modern AU || Third Person Point of View

❅❅❅❅❅

((A/N: Anything that is italicized and inside quotation marks is indeed a text message.))

Elsa layed in her soft bed, peacefully asleep underneath the safe custody of her duvet. It was a cold night, but that didn't really matter. The atmosphere was still perfect for a good rest.

Until, of course, someone chose to ruin her sleep by sending her a text in the middle of the night.

She groaned, fumbling around for her phone, careful not to knock anything down onto the floor. Once she finally grabbed the gadget, it's light shining onto her face, illuminating her dark room, she groaned even louder realizing what time it already is and who the culprit was.

"Hey Els. I can't sleep, what you up to?" the text read. Sender? No other than Jack Frost.

"You loser it's midnight," Elsa typed in reply, irritation boiling in her blood.

After a few seconds, her phone pinged, Jack's new text flashing brightly onto her screen, "That doesn't answer the question."

"I hate you," Elsa typed, before placing her phone on her chest, closing her eyes for a few seconds, trying to calm her nerves.

Her phone beeped once again, and with a sigh she read his text, "No you don't. And that still doesn't answer the question."

"I was sleeping like a normal teenager," she replied, finally answering his stupid question. I mean, who asks a question like that at midnight?

"Normal teens don't sleep at midnight," Jack sent in response to Elsa's reply. This made Elsa want to facepalm. Like, really badly.

"Normal teens in their right mind do," she shot back at him, still infuriated at how she ruined her peaceful rest, the best one she's had in weeks.

"Jeez someone's pissed," the next text read. Elsa was pissed and she couldn't quite understand why Jack didn't even know why.

"Who wouldn't be if someone chooses to text them in the middle of their slumber over something really really stupid?" Elsa texted back, finally having enough of Jack's stupid little antics.

"Look, I'm sorry," Jack immediately typed, adding a little sad face emoticon before hitting send.

Elsa didn't reply. She just placed her phone on her bedside table, wishing that he wouldn't text her back and spam her with stupid little messages.

But Jack being Jack, he did spam her with stupid little messages.

"Els, talk to me."

"I said I'm sorry."

"Come on reply."

"What, you're giving me the silent treatment now?"

"Elsaaaaaa!"

"You're the loser here for ignoring me like a baby."

"Hey! Don't leave me hanging."

"Do you want me to call you?"

"Elsa, come on. Please."

After what seemed like the hundredth beep, Elsa knew she couldn't get out of this that easy. So giving up, she grabbed her phone, sat up from her bed, and read all the stupid messages the stupid boy sent.