Madison's Gang

*the titles a spoiler oooops ;)*

Harry's POV

10 seconds was all it took.

10 seconds for a nightmare to start and end.

10 seconds for a girl to risk her life.

10 seconds that can change your life forever.

10 days since the shooting.

10 days of pure agony.

10 days since I heard those frantic screams.

10 days led up to today.

10 days.

10 seconds.

10.

Ten.

It's just a number, that probably what your thinking. But no. That's far from what it means.

Morgan has been in the hospital for 10 days, 3 hours, and 5 minutes. I haven't been able to hear her voice for far too long.

Yes, I went years without her but I didn't know how much I missed out on.

My stubborn, blonde haired, California raised, stepsister has been in critical condition for 10 days.

I say...think 10 a lot.

Well, I am currently tugging at my curls, sitting outside Morgan's room while staring relentlessly at the pale green wallpaper in the hall.

I think I've been siting here for far too lo-

"Mr. Styles, you can go in soon. First, I need to talk to you about some legal things. You told the authorities she was shot, correct?"

I nodded.

"Yes, that is indeed true, for the victim has 2 bullet wounds. The bystanders are telling me somebody shot her. The street's surveillance camera's got footage of a person pointing a gun outside a SUV and hitting the girl; who was trying to guard you."

The male nurse clicked a few buttons on his MacBook and the clip from 10 days ago started.

First, from one angle, you see me. I was standing with, what looked like, a blank expression, on my face as a car started to slowly drive by.

The next angle is Morgan, her eyes seemed to grow a million times larger as she screamed my name.

The last angle is a scene I never want to relive.

Morgan, jumps anxiously in front of my unknowing body as a gun (looks like a rifle, to me) is shoved out the window and shot perfectly at Morgan's toned abs. Another shot, plummeted into her tight fist on her way down.

The screen faded to black as screams were emitted through the speakers of the laptop.

"None of the angles show the man who did it! Or woman." I cried.

The man nodded. "Officers are looking into it. For now, talk to Morgan. See if she knows anything about the shooter. There's a trial hearing in 21 days time. You will talk to authorities before then."

I slumped a bit; "Oh. Thanks."

He handed me a key and told me I could enter.

With shaking hands, I put the key in the door and turned the cool metal.

There, lay a mess of a girl. Long, golden hair lay sprawled out over her pillow in tangles and her skin looked dull. I can't imagine the things she endured the past 10 days.

"Harry." her voice cooed, sweet as honey and smooth as silk.

"Morgan, I am so, SO sorry I caused this. I should have listened to your screams. I've been working on focusing now. You didn't have to deal with.....all this."

She laughed. She actually laughed.

"It's nothing I haven't been through. Just a few bullet holes. Nothing much."

Morgan's POV

Why did I say that? Harry can't know about well....Madison's secret.

Yet.

"Huh? Morgan..." he warned.

I sighed.

It's now or never.

Harry's POV

I waited patiently for an answer. Has she been shot before? Why haven't I known if she has?

"Madison, my friend, she..um...well you see...she isn't who you think she is." Morgan started, nervously I may add.

"Explain."

She visibly swallowed. "She, erm, knows some people who...aren't nice...and is involved with them and....I kind of interfered with something....important."

Now I was in need of answers so I quickly demanded "MORGAN! Come on! This is important!"

"Madison. Her really name is Gabriella. She's 18 and is in a gang."

____

A/N:

I dare you to tell me how short this is.

got to study so im updating again tomorrow. thats why it's short.

loveddddd the comments on the last chapters!!!

200,000+!!!!! I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH. I BARELY EDIT AND UPDATE BUT YOU ALL STILL READ AN VOTE AND FAN AND IM SO GRATEFUL!!!

<3333

much loveee

xxxx(: KateTomlinson

PS- im always open for advice and help! just directly message me. :)