Home, sweet home

Almost a month has past since I last wrote in this diary.

I am, of course back to home by now.

The day I got home, I was greeted by June, Will (who both enclosed me in a humongous hug) and a huge, juicy hunk of apple pie.

It was hard to leave Olivia and Florence but I keep in contact with them through letters and guess who else I write to?

My mother!

It's great, she's informing me on baby Raymond's progress and she's going to have her baby in a month. (encase I didn't tell you, Raymond can't go to war because he lost a leg from a mine exploding when he was fighting in 1939 and hasn't been able to fight since. I only found out this out after a couple of days!).

I love living here and now help out full time on the farm, now that I'm 15. I have friends from the village and from my old school here and the sowing club.

I also love spending time with June, Will and the animals, I feel I can talk to June about anything and I've met some boys from the village too...

I think this is a good time to permanently finish my diary. Thank you for reading it, however you got hold of it. Even though there might not be many success stories from the blitz, but thanks to the Nazis bombing Belfast. I found my real home, the place where I am meant to be.

Rosie