Brave faced

I stood in devastated silence for a couple of seconds, but then the phone rang!

I answered and it was June's caring voice, I broke down and she worriedly tried to calm me down. After a while, I was able to explain between sobs, the situation I was in.

She thought for a while and told me that she would try to sort things out and not to worry until then.

So now, I am sitting on the sofa. My makeshift bed. Everything smells of cigarette smoke and my mum smokes now to even though she never used too.

Saturday

Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life and I had a fitful night's sleep, but today I'm putting on a brave face and having faith in June to keep her promise.

My mum realised how awful I felt though and looked as if she was feeling a bit guilty. Raymond and I still haven't spoken and I don't intend to 'befriend' him. I wouldn't have minded as much, if my mum had actually TOLD me about him but I feel betrayed, now.

I finished 'Pride and Prejudice' because there was nothing else to do.

In the afternoon, I decided to visit my friends tomorrow to get out of the claustrophobic house.

Sunday

After church (I haven't been in 3 years because of June not having much belief), I visited my friends but only Olivia was in. The city seems so dense compared to the country side. I stayed in Olivia's for a while. Her mother had told her about my situation, having expected that I knew. They had exchanged frequent letters throughout our time away and they made me weak some tea.

We chatted and they were very sympathetic but they seem to think I will just get over it. They don't realise the amount of hurt that is building up inside of me.

I went home via the corner shop and familiarised myself again with the urban area.

I went to bed- (or should I say, I went to sofa) early. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.