Ch.1

Struggling to walk upstairs, I move in terribly slow movements to ease the pain coursing through my entire body. Once up the stairs I reach my bedroom door I slowly raise my hand to the door handle when I freeze mid-lift, I feel heavy breathing on my neck making the tiny hairs on my neck stand up, I knew it was him I could smell beer and cigarettes, I knew he was going to do something even though he already beat me this morning.

He grabbed my hand and spun me round really quick causing me to let out a small squeak which wasn't quite enough cause he heard it, the expression on his face showed pure anger, nothing was left of my uncle when my mother died, he took to booze.

The next thing I know I'm lying at the bottom of the stairs with black spots clouding my vision, I could just see the outline of my uncle walking towards me he kicks me in the face and that's when it all went black.

When I woke up, every part of my body ached, he must of battered me even more after I blacked out, I crawl my way upstairs to my room, I manage to slowly and painfully climb up and sit on my bed I turn my head to look at the clock 7:45am great I'm late for school.

I get up and make my way to the bathroom I strip down and switch on the shower and step in I clean my body careful when trying not to put too much pressure on the bruises and the cuts.

Stepping out the shower and wrap my stomach up with bandages so the blood form the deep cuts won't seep through my shirt. I put on some black skinny jeans a plain red t-shirt and Kyle's hoodie; it still smells of him even though it's been six years, deciding to wear my hair down to cover the bruises on my neck.

By the time I'm changed and ready its 8:30am I slowly and carefully make my way down the stairs carefully so I don't wake my uncle up, I grab my keys and head out to my truck: I know I'm sixteen but I know the sheriff so he helped me out.

I arrive at school ten minutes later, its already 9:15 first period has already begun, I walk to my first class of English my teacher Mr Tosh hates me cause of something I said in freshmen year, now I'm late it's going to piss him off more. I step into class and everyone's eyes are on me I duck my head down and make my way to my seat, I take a few steps forward and get blocked by someone the shoes, pristinely polished black shoes belonging to Mr Tosh "Your late, I will not have you disrupting my class detention for the rest of the day, move" he grabs my arm forcefully and pushes me out the class I wince in pain. This mand has no boundaries.

Two minutes later I'm stood in front of the detention room I can hear a bunch of male voices. "Hear goes nothing" I say to no one in particular, I open the door and the first thing I see is the teacher asleep with his feet on the desk and his face covered in spit balls and snoring.

I look who's in the room and its none other than 'the scary seven' they are the bad boys of the school and they all have their place; Kayden the leader, Nathan the brains, Max the funny one, Leon the prankster, Jayce the flirt, Ryan the friendliest of them all and Dylan, the fighter and the rudest of them all. Walk to the front corner of the room and sit down I have to spend the entire day in here probably with all of these.

I sit staring at the wall when a piece of paper lands on my desk, I unscrew it and one word is written on 'hi' I put the paper on the desk and ignore it I don't even turn around cause it'll encourage them more, I ignore the second piece of paper thrown and the third and fourth and fifth, by now it starts to get annoying they throw it again and I snap I turn to face them really fast even though I'm in pain and yell "pack the fuck in will ya" they all look at me shocked and I slowly turn around hoping it is less painful, seconds later I hear a few snickers and then someone taps me on the shoulder I look up to see Ryan stood there with a grin on his face, he sits down in the chair next to me and faces me "you're the first person ever to yell at us like that".