Chapter 7

"Oh my gosh, is this what we serve the patients?" Lauren asked in disgust.

"Yeah."

"This jello is nasty."

"Eat up, it gives you gorgeous skin." Dinah ordered.

"Don't I already though?"

"Shut up."

"Go to dermatology, they'll hook you up with some cream or something."

"No I've been in there and it's all brightness and happiness, it's just gross. Who would want to live like that?" Dinah shutters

Lauren laughs, "Someone's dark."

"Very. Anyway how's your scar?"

"Normal, it's a pretty cool scar, you should get one."

"No thanks, I rather stay out of the OR for my time being."

"Suit yourself." The doctor tells her then takes a bite of the jello which she gagged at soon after.

"Have you figured out what was wrong with the baby?"

"Yeah he has GER, it's common for their local pediatric to confuse it with being lactose intolerant or something."

"Alright, tell me everything so I could pass it on to the parents."

"I'd rather do it, you may mess up. Get me a wheel chair."

Dinah glared at the doctor because one, she was kind of offended her right now and two, she was supposed to be resting. She still got the wheelchair though because if she didn't, Lauren would get up and exit her room along with the IV rolling beside her and risked collapsing in the middle of the hallways. They got to the babies floor and immediately their ears were filled with a lot of crying. After passing the noise, they reached the baby's room and the parents were confused as two why a woman was wheeled into the room.

"Hello, I'm your son's doctor, Dr. Jauregui."

"If you were a doctor you wouldn't be in a patient gown." the mother said.

"I'm a doctor in recovery, I had an accident yesterday so that's why I'm like this. Anyway, your son has gastroesophageal reflex also known as GER. It's what's causing the vomiting and fussiness after eating."

The parents put aside the doctor's accident and focused on what was wrong with their baby.

"So he's not lactose intolerant?"

"No, just the muscle that connects the esophagus to the stomach relaxes at the wrong time or it doesn't properly close. Thus, the breast milk and formula come back up."

"Is it treatable?"

"Most babies out grow it by the time they're one or two. Right now it doesn't seem like a big issue so there's a high chance he'll out grow it, but if he doesn't, just come back and we'll fix him right up."

"Okay thank you Dr. Jauregui and get better."

"No problem and sure will. A nurse will come by later so you can sign the discharge papers." Lauren tells them with a smile before she was rolled out of the room and taken back to where she belonged, the boring white room.