Chapter Forty.) Everything Is Not What It Seems

Thank you sooooo much for more than 5 million reads!! I'm crying thank you so much! ❤️🐮❤️

Look at that cutie ^^^

-

"What the..." I began, fumbling for words as I closed the door behind me and walked towards Ethan. "I thought you were arrested!"

Ethan smirks.

Oh wait...I recall seeing only Tyler, Keith, and Angela being arrested.

"Wha...? You- I-" I fumbled for words, not sure what I'm trying to say before I settle on: "You're not human."

Ethan shrugs and sits crossed legged on my bed. I give him a suspicious look before moving to sit next to him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as he rests his head on my shoulder and nuzzles his face into my neck. I sigh, of course he wouldn't respond.

"Ethan," I say and pull his face back so he can look at me. "You can't be here. If Val finds out I have a guy in my room, he'll freak!"

Ethan shrugs, as if it's no big deal.

"You can't just shrug! I'm being ser-" He cuts me off by places his hand over my mouth, and I give him a flat look before licking his palm. His hand shoots off my lips and he frowns before wiping his hand on my shirt.

He crosses his arms over his chest before his eyes move to the phone on my dresser. His eyes light up, and he snatches the phone before handing it to me.

I give him a questioning look. "What do you want me to do with this?"

He doesn't answer, of course, but instead pulls out his own phone and begins typing something. After a while, the phone in my hand lights up with a new text notification.

Ethan: hello :)

I give him a flat look. "You could just talk. I know you can talk."

Ethan shrugs and begins typing a new response.

Ethan: I think ur delusional. I've never talked before in my life...remember? :x

I glare at him. He's doing this on purpose. When he catches my stare, he grins before laying on his stomach, kicking his feet in the air. I roll my eyes before mimicking him.

Me: okay, why are u here?

Ethan: you don't want me here? :((

Me: No! It's just...why did you come here?

Ethan: I missed you x

I look at Ethan, and he has a sad expression on his face. My heart hurts, so I throw my arm around his neck for a side hug. "I missed you, too," I sighed. Five seconds (of summer) later, the phone buzzes again.

Ethan: ...and also I need your help

Me: :O

Me: the inhuman ninja needs MY help?!?!?!?

Me: omg I feel so honored omg

Ethan nudges my shoulder with a smile before continuing to type.

Ethan: I need you to help me get Keith and the gang out of prison