Chapter Nineteen.) Watch Out, Ms. Potato Head

Srsly? ^^^ wtf is wrong with me

Anyways so I was watchin a new episode of Lucifer and they were solving this one crime and Lucifer said:

"The evilest people tend to have the most common or normal names."

Or something like that and then proceeded to say:

"Beware anyone named Keith."

...wtf

-

"Ready for your first mission?"

I gasp, covering my mouth with my hands. "My first mission? You're gonna send me on my first mission?!"

Marco chuckles. "Sure... If you're ready."

They're actually going to send me on a mission of my own? I clapped my hands in excitement. "Oh my god! My first mission! I'm going to be a ninja like-"

"If you say Ethan I will throw this knife at you," Angela sneers at me, holding up her blade. I instantly clamp my mouth shut and she smirks.

I turn to Marco, who was teasing Gina by poking her and kissing all over her face and instantly let out an "aww". Gina blushes and swats Marco away with a spatula.

"Eat your breakfast," she orders him.

He laughs and fake salutes. "Yes, m'am!" Smirking, he grabs his plate with one hand and smacks her butt with the other. She yelps and swats him away again.

"So, what exactly is my mission?" I ask as I peel a banana.

"You'll see."

"Oh, no," I move away. "It's bad, isn't it?"

He gives me a confused look. "What-"

"Every time someone says something like that, something bad always happens!" I throw my hands up in the air. "You guys are going to make me dress in a potato costume aren't you?"

He raises an amused eyebrow at me. "A potato costume?"

"My brother, Val, did that to me once," I waved him away, as if it was a normal thing to have your brother trick you into wearing a ridiculous costume.

"Okay..." Marco gives me a weird look. "You're acting really strange. Was sex with Keith really that bad?"

I choked on my banana, coughing violently and Marco snickers. "Don't choke on that like you did Keith's-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence," I coughed out, silencing him. "I did not have sex with Keith!"

"Mhmm, sure."

I smack Marco's arm. "I didn't! I swear!"

"You don't have to lie, Vanessa," he grins. "We heard y'all."

I groaned and hid my face in my heads, dragging them down my face before speaking. "That wasn't me, I swear! Keith practically forced me to watch anime porn with him! I was trying to shut it off but he wouldn't let me!" I explained.

It's silent for a while, then Marco purses his lips to the side, poking at his bacon. "You know how you think Ethan is a ninja even though we tell you he's not?"

I give him a confused look, unsure of where this is going. "Yeah...?"

He smirks. "Well, I'm going to do the same, except I'm going to say y'all did have sex even though you keep denying it."

I blink at him. "That makes no sense."

"Whatever," he says, shoving his face full of eggs and bacon.

I frown. "Whatever, yourself."

-

"OPEN THE DOOR, VANESSA!"

"What's the password?"

"What?"

"The. Password."

"Open up!"

"Nope."

"I don't have time for your silly games right now, Vanessa," Keith says through gritted teeth.

"That's a long password...and still wrong."

"Ugh! I can't believe I'm about to do this!" he groans and then let's out a huge sigh. "Moo."

I blinked. "That's... Correct...AHH!" I paused slightly to open the door. "You can come in- AHH!"

(A/N: Jay Versace whattup)

Keith pauses at the door. "You're so stupid, you know that, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Normal people wouldn't act like this if they were kidnapped. Why aren't you normal?"

I gasped, placing a hand on my chest, offended and horrified by the thought. "Have you never seen American Horror Story?" I hissed. "Normal people scare me."

He gives me a flat look. "Now you're being dramatic."

"Drama adds excitement to life."

"You're annoying."

"You're annoying," I mocked.

"Stop."

"Stop."

"Mock me one more time, I dare you."

"Mock me one more time, I dare you," I grinned, oblivious to how dangerously stupid this little childish game of mine was.

"Vanessa."

"Keith."

He lets out a frustrated breath. "You're being really irrational right now."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "You're the one who wants me to dress up so stupidly. I'm not doing it."

"It's not that bad," Keith rolls his eyes.

"Not that bad?" I echoed. "NOT THAT BAD? YOU FRICKIN' WANT ME TO WEAR A POTATO COSTUME!"

"Marco says you've done it before," he points out.

I glared at him. "Just because I've done it before, doesn't mean I want to do it again."

"Vanessa..." he sighs.

"Why do I even have to wear a potato costume?"

"Because..." Keith starts. "There's a costume parade, and we need you to blend in until you can get into James' headquarters. Then, you can take it off if you want."

"But a potato though?!"

He shrugs. "Who knows? Maybe you'll be a sexy potato."

-

"I'm a sexy potato," I gasped as I stared into my reflection, standing in a potato costume. The last time I had worn a potato costume, I hadn't even hit puberty yet. But now, looking at the mirror right now, I realize I actually make a pretty good potato.

"Watch out, Ms. Potato Head," I smirked, placing my hands on where my hips would've been. "I'm coming to steal your man."