Chapter 13

(Arthur's POV)

The next morning...

"Arthur you need to sign this contract!"states my father, only minutes after I was woken up and sent down for breakfast.

"One step at a time father!" I say, looking at my father annoyed.

"This needs to be-" starts my father.

"I've only just awaken, please leave me at peace." I burst out, throwing my arms in the air, then down at my sides.

"Alright Arthur, you have till Supper to sign this" Father points at the papers in his hand, "It's a big responsibility, taking over this family home." states father.

Sighing I head straight to the kitchen. I need to talk to Anne about arranging a meeting with Merlin before it's time to sign that bloody contract.

Do I wanna be stuck at home, taking over the family household? No way!

- - -

Coming towards the kitchen I spot Anne doing the dishes... Good, nothing that could keep us from going.

"Hey Anne." I yell, getting her attention.

"Yes Arthur?" questions Anne, but still working on the dishes.

"Is there a chance you could get me to the hospital and back?" I ask, walking towards her, trying not to bother the other maids in the kitchen. "Preferably without my father finding out."

"Why of course Arthur. When you think of heading to the hospital?" asks Anne.

"As soon as possible." I say.

"Alright Arthur. Meet me at the entrance in a half an hour." says Anne, as she takes her attention back onto the dishes.

"Smiling, I run out of the kitchen, obviously aware of the other maids, then head to my bedroom. Screw breakfast, all I care about is seeing Merlin and making things right.

- - -

"Are you ready to see Merlin Arthur?" asks Anne, as we both begin heading to the hospital.

"I am." I state looking straight ahead.

- - -

Getting to the hospital we first had to go to the front desk, which consisted of a nurse sitting in front of a somewhat fancy wooden table. Paper was across it, all in individual piles. As we aproach the desk, then nurse looked away from whatever she was reading on the pages to speak with us.

"Hello Mister and Miss?." starts the nurse, looking between both me and Anne.

"Oh we aren't a couple nurse." I state, getting that clear.

"Oh." says the nurse, embarrassed.

"We are here to check on a boy I brought yesterday. His name is Merlin." says Anne.

"I see, let me check my records." says the nurse, taking a paper and scrolling through it to find Merlin's name. "aha here he is. You will find mr. Merlin in room 6b, bed 10." states the nurse, as she goes back to whatever she was doing earlier.

"Th-Thank you." I say as we head to where the nurse told us to go.

Once we find room 6b, we go looking for bed number 10. The room had about 10 bed's on each side of the walls, leaving a small walkway between them to let nurses and visitors by. Each bed had curtains across both sides, giving the patient some space to call there own.

We had to walk to far end of the room to get to bed number 10. The curtains were closed so we had to push them aside as we walked in. Seeing Merlin made my heart skip a beat.

Merlin was asleep by the looks of things, his shirt was off showing a clothe wrapped around his stomach. His cut's along his arms were stitched up and covered by what looked to being a fresh pair of bandages. He had some visible bruises along his body as well.

There was a chair beside Merlin's bed so I decide to sit down.

"Oh Merlin I am so terribly sorry." I think to myself, seeing Merlin in this state.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys I hope your enjoying this book so far. If you liked this chapter don't forget to comment and vote for this chapter :D Thanks and the next chapter will be published within the next few days.

- Lari