Chapter 7

A Month Later ...

(Merlin POV)

A month has gone by since I first come here and still this house is like a maze. I have become accustom to the family's rules and have accomplished not being shouted at by Uther all the time. Lots of the time though, Uther would shout at me just for the fun of it. Ignoring it was my regular reply, for I don't like him all that much and it would be a waste to pick up a fight with him.

Today was my day to tend to the family garden. I've been given this job many times over the course of this month that it's become a hobby of mine. It draws me away from thinking about what I must do during the rest of the day for a few minutes. As I'm about to head out to the backyard, Arthur runs up to me smiling.

"I'm coming with you." Says Arthur.

"Your father would disagree Arthur." I say, looking around making sure no one saw that I had addressed Arthur by his actual name. " He wouldn't like it if you got your outfit all muddy from working in the dirt."

"Oh common, it will be fun just you and me." Says Arthur, looking towards his shoes. Sighing, I grab Arthur's shoes and help him get them on. I can't say no to Arthur! I still find him attractive, but still ignore it. We then both headed out the door.

As we come to the garden I get my garden gloves on and crouch down onto my knee's.

"How do you do this Merlin?" asks Arthur, curiousity across his face.

"Well you take these leaves that stick out and pull." I say, while doing so and pulling out a nicely grown carrot.

I look towards Arthur and he is smiling widely? I am confused until Arthur shows his hands, which were behind his back. He had mud in his hands.

"Arthur don—"but it was too late for Arthur through it straight at my face.

"Ewww Arthur, I got some in my mouth!" I state, trying to spit the mud out of my mouth. As I'm wiping the mud off my face I hear Arthur laughing in the background on the ground.

"Wow I haven't laughed like that for a while!" says Arthur, as he stands up from the ground.

"Well I guess there is one upside to this then." I say still trying to whip the mud off my face. "Is it all off?" I ask?

"Well you do still have some over here." Says Arthur, as he takes his muddy hand and wipes it across my nose.

"Ha ha very funny." I say serious, as I whip it off.

"Common Merlin, smile, laugh!" says Arthur.

"Can I get back to work before your father see's us?" I ask, worried what he would think.

"Here let me fix this." Says Arthur as he walks back towards the house.

Sighing, I turn back towards the garden. Not before water is poured over my entire body.

"Really Arthur?!" I say, kinda laughing.

"What I said I would fix this." Says Arthur, smiling with hands on either sides of his hips proud.

"You asked for it!" I say as I grab mud from the ground, turning on my knee's I through the mud at Arthur.

"Ha ha I guess I deserved that!" says Arthur, standing there now with mud on his clothes and face.

- - - - - - -

After our mud fight we both ended up going inside and cleaning up. I had to get Arthur's bath ready first, then I went and cleaned myself off. Uther in the end blamed me for getting Arthur's clothes dirty and made me clean them all before I could have my super. It was a long day but a great one at the same time.

                       -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys I really hope you enjoyed this chapter :D I know it took me a while to write this but I had MAJOR writers block and I couldn't think of what to write. Since I kinda know where this book is going, I might publish chapter 8 within the next few days :D But it does depend on how much reads and comments I get until then. Anyways, Vote/Comment!!! It would mean the world to me if you did :D

- Lari