Amy's Choice (pt 1)

One of the very first things I ever learned in science class that made me excited, was Newton's Three Laws of Motion. I quickly realized that these three laws not only made sense in the physics world, but they also made sense in the real world—with people and places and events. I've never been that good at story telling, but I've always been good at science.

Newton's First Law states that an object at rest will remain at rest, and an object in motion will remain in motion—unless acted upon by an external force. This is how I figure my own life out: I connect things to the scientific rules I already know. Just like some people relate themselves to characters, I relate myself to science. There's Amy and Rory, the Doctor, and me. Who's at rest, who's in motion, and who's the external force?

At rest, were Amy and Rory.

This much was obvious just by looking at the small village they live in, and the quaint little house they were staying at. I went into the kitchen to see a very pregnant Amy simply stirring away at some contents in a bowl that smelled good even in their raw state. "All unpacked?" Amy smiled to me.

I smiled back and moved to sit on the counter. "Yup. Thanks so much for letting me stay here, honestly, they have me all over the place—and the hotels in Leadworth, well, they're not really hotels, are they?"

Amy laughed. "Yeah, no. So where've you been last? New York City, I hear?" She asked me, while pointing to some ingredients she needed me to get.

I hopped down from the counter and went over to the cupboard she was pointing at. "Actually, I was in Japan for a few days after New York. JAXA needed some information I was only allowed to give in person."

Amy furrowed her brows. "What's a JAXA?" She asked, seeming completely calm before suddenly slamming the bowl down on the table and hunching over, making me flinch. It was like a switch was flicked in her, a switch that induced random bouts of pain—but I knew that it really was contractions.

I moved over to her quickly. "Amy? Amy, what do you need?"

She was panting now, not really seeming to acknowledge me, and screamed—"Rory!" so loud that it echoed around the house.

"Amy, breathe..." I tried to relax her, getting her to sit down.

"Rory! It's starting!" She called again, but then calmed down a few seconds later and grabbed the bowl of batter she was making, right as Rory burst in through the door, moving me out of the way and kneeling in front of her.

Rory was wide-eyed in front of her; panting from whatever running he had been doing, while Amy just continued to eat some batter off the spoon. "False alarm."

"What?"

"False alarm."

"What?"

"Well, I don't know what it feels like. I've never had a baby before," Amy reminded him matter-of-factly, putting the spoon to his mouth and feeding him some of the batter nonchalantly.

"Mmm!" Rory stood up, right as a familiar whooshing sound was heard just outside the small house.

"No," Amy stood up also. We shared a look, knowing what was coming.

"I know-- leaf blowers. Use a rake!" Rory exclaimed, still carelessly eating some batter, not thinking what Amy and I were.

I took the bowl from Amy and set it down on the table. "That's not a leaf blower, Rory. That's..."

The landing noise sounded, and the blue TARDIS box could be perfectly seen from the kitchen window. "I knew... I just knew..." Amy smiled. Rory ran out quickly. "Wait, the oven!" Amy panicked.