eight

Once the group were fully clothed again, Chris suggested they take Gordie back.
"Oh, great, Chambers! Now you're turning pussy too!" Teddy threw his arms up in the air.
"What's your problem, DuChamp? He had a leech hanging from his balls, he fainted!" Chris defended.
"What are you, his mother?" Teddy snapped.
"Eat shit."
"You eat shit!" Teddy shouted, pushing Chris.
"Hey!" Nina shouted, stepping in between the two. "Cut it out, alright?"
Chris listened to his girlfriend and sighed, taking a step backwards.
"I think Chris is right, we should go back." Vern stated.
Teddy laughed. "What a surprise! The king of the pussies wants to go back too!"
"Stop calling me that!"
"What, pussy?"
"Stop!" Vern ordered.
"Pussy, pussy, pussy, pussy!"
"You four-eyed psycho!" Vern hissed, charging at him.
"Get off me!" Teddy yelled.
Nina knelt down beside them and tried to pull Vern off her brother, but he wouldn't move.
"Stop it," Gordie whispered.
"You like it?" Vern teased, hitting Teddy. This time, Chris knelt down beside Nina and tried to get Vern off.
"Stop it!" Gordie shouted. The four stopped what they were doing and stared at him. "I'm not going back." He said, getting up, grabbing his things and striding away.
"Idiot!" Teddy said.
"Shut up, retard." Vern snapped.
Chris and Nina followed Gordie as the boys behind them struggling to stand up without hitting one another.

***

"Coming through the woods; I bet we saved over an hour." Teddy remarked.
"Teddy!" Gordie said.
"Yeah?"
"Is this the back Harlow Road?" Gordie pointed at a pathway.
"Yeah."
Gordie walked straight down the pathway without another word.
"The Brower kid must be around here somewhere." Nina stated.
"Teddy, you and Vern watch the left side of tracks, Nina, Gordie and I will take the right." Chris told him.
"Alright," Teddy said as they began to walk down the tracks at their respected sides.

"There he is! I see him, look!" Vern called. The group ran towards Vern, who was pointing his finger at something. "I see him, look!"
"Oh my God..." Nina murmured. She felt as if she was going to be sick. The adventure was fun but now that they were actually there, looking at part of the dead body, she felt awful.
Chris pushed past his friends and ran down to the body, them soon following.

Teddy tentatively removed the sticks and leaves covering the rest of his body and Nina put her hand over her mouth and gasped. He was pale and had blood all over him and Nina wanted to scream. Her heartbeat then slowed and calmed down once she felt Chris' hand take hold of hers. She looked up at him, he looked just as sad as she was, just not as terrified, and smiled softly. "Let's look for some long branches. We'll build him a stretcher." Chris announced.

The teenagers got to work, apart from Gordie, who sat on the branch next to the body, looking at the ground.
"Gordie?" Nina asked, the four turning around to look at him.
"Why did you have to die?"
"What's the matter with Gordie?" Vern whispered.
"N-nothing. Why don't you guys just go and look for some branches, okay?" Chris asked Nina, Teddy and Vern.
"Okay." Teddy nodded as the three walked away. Nina quickly looked around to the boys and sighed, before returning her attention back to finding branches.

"Son of a bitch, it's my little brother!" Nina heard Chris' older brother, Eyeball shout.
Her, Vern and Teddy ran back to where Chris and Gordie were.
"You wasn't planning on taking the body from us, were you?" Ace smirked.
Chris stepped forward, putting his arm out in front of Nina. "You get away, man. We found him, we got dibs."
"We better start running, Eyeball, they got dibs!" Ace joked.
"We earned it, man! You guys came in a car, that's not fair, he's ours!" Chris argued.
"That's not fair, he's ours!" Eyeball mimicked his younger brother. "Well, not anymore."
"There's five of us, Eyeball." Teddy stated. "Now just make your move."
"Oh, we will, don't you worry."

Just then, Ace and his whole gang came running down. "Vern, you little son of a whore! You was under the porch!" Vern's older brother, Billy, exclaimed.
"No, I swear! It wasn't me!" Vern argued.
"I'm gonna beat the shit out of you!" One of the gang members threatened Vern, who ran away. Ace stopped him but snapping his finger. "You guys have two choices: you either leave quietly, or we take the body. You stay, and we beat the shit out of you and we take the the body."
Nina scoffed. "You seriously think that we'd just give up after all of this?"
"I'm sorry, did you just say something, little girl?" Ace teased.
Nina moved Chris' arm out of the way. "As a matter of fact, I did. And I'm not a little girl, you bastard." She hissed.
Eyeball was about to launch himself at Nina, but Ace stopped him. "Now, now, Eyeball. We all know it's not polite to hurt a lady." He emphasised the lady part. "Besides, we don't want your little brother getting all protective over his girlfriend." Ace teased, knowing Chris has liked her for a while.
"Just leave, man." Chris said.
"Okay, Chambers, you little faggot." Ace began, poking his finger at him. "This is your last chance. What d'ya say, kid?"
"Why don't you go home and fuck your mother some more?" Chris hissed.
Ace took out his knife. "You're dead. But you know what, I'm not gonna hurt you first." He grinned, looking over at Nina. "I know how much you like this girl, so I'm gonna slit her throat and you get to watch."
"No-!" Chris yelled.
"No, Chris. Just wait," Nina said, stopping him.
"Are you crazy?!" Chris cried as Ace stepped closer towards Nina.
"They're not hurting my girlfriend and they're not taking the body."
"He- wait, girlfriend? When the fuck did this happen?" Teddy repeated, looking at his best-friend.
Ace kept on moving towards Nina, glaring at Chris. "Forget it man, you're telling me this later. He's got a knife, I'm out!" Teddy remarked, running off to wherever Vern went.

Nina and Chris stood their, hands tightly held. Chris then suddenly stood in front of Nina. "I'm not letting you touch her. If you want her, you're gonna have to go through me first."
Ace grinned. "No problem." He was about to leap towards Chris when

Gordie pulled the trigger of the gun that Chris had earlier, attracting everyone's attention. He held the gun at Ace and slowly stepped next to Chris and Nina, who had now resumed her spot next to her boyfriend. "You're not taking him, nobody's taking him."
"Come on, kid. Just give me the gun before you take your foot off." Ace said to Gordie, Nina could tell he was afraid now that he had a gun pointed at him. "You ain't got the sack to shoot a woodchuck." Ace took a step towards Gordie, but he held out the gun even higher, so it was aimed right at his forehead, making him stumble back. "I'll kill you, I swear to God."
"Come on, LaChance, give me the gun. You must have at least some of your brother's sense."
"Suck my fat one, you cheap dime store hood." Gordie glared at him.
Nina silently 'oo'ed at Gordie's comment, she was also surprised - she'd never heard him speak like that - ever.
"What are you gonna do, shoot us all?" Ace questioned.
"No, Ace. Just you."

Ace paused for a moment before holding out his knife. "We're gonna get you for this."
"Maybe you will and maybe you won't." Chris replied.
"Oh, we will."
Ace tutted his head towards the van, signalling for his friends to head over there. He took a few steps away before turning back around. "We're not gonna forget this, if that's what you think."
"We'll be waiting." Nina smiled.
He pointed his knife at the three. "This is big time, baby."