prologue

Nina and Teddy DuChamp are brother and sister

Nina and Teddy DuChamp are brother and sister. After their father was sent to a mental institution after attempting to burn Teddy's ear off but Nina pushed him away just in time, resulting in him slapping her.

Nina was 14 and described as a beautiful young woman, mainly by Chris. She had dirty blonde, wavy hair, a couple of freckles and brown eyes. She loved lollipops and bubblegum, along with the smell of honey and vanilla. But don't get her wrong, she loved fruit - apples, strawberries, blackberries and peaches, mainly. She disliked vegetables, she preferred fruit because they were sweeter and tasted nicer.
Unlike her brother, she didn't need glasses - she had exceptional eyesight. She teased him about it a lot, but the two got on so well. Ever since they incident with their father, they've cared about each-other more than ever and made sure one another stayed safe. They didn't have a typical mother and child relationship, so they were pretty much all they had when it came to family.

Nina and Teddy DuChamp, Chris Chambers, Gordie LaChance and Vern Tessio have been best-friends for as long as they can remember and for as long as Chris can remember, he's had a massive crush on Nina. When he told his friends, Teddy wasn't happy since she was his sister but tried not to show it. At least him and Chris were close - he'd rather it be him than some dick he didn't even know or trust.

However, the only person who knew about Nina's small feelings towards Chris was her brother. Whenever Teddy hinted something when the group were together, Nina would give him a deathly glare, in which Teddy responded with an evil grin. Nina didn't want Chris to know about her having small feelings for him because she was worried he didn't feel the same way.

And besides, they're only young; one's 14, the other's 12 going on 13. What do they know about love anyways?