two

That afternoon, Teddy and Nina set out to find the dead body along with Gordie, Chris and Vern.

"Well what do we need a pistol for anyways?" Vern asked.
Nina scoffed. "Because it's cool!" She said in a duh voice.
"Yeah! Besides, we might see a bear." Chris added.
"Or a garbage can." Teddy joked.
"I brought a comb." Vern said, suddenly.
"What do we need a comb for?" Chris scoffed.
"Well, if we get on TV, we want to look good, don't we?"
Nina laughed and nodded. "I may have to borrow that sometime. Good thinking, Vern."

They then stopped at the tracks, which carried on past a bridge. "How long do you think it's gonna be?" Teddy asked.
Chris sighed and put his hands on his hips. "If we follow the tracks all the way into Harlow, it should be about 20 miles. Does that sound alright to you, Gordie?" Chris checked with his friend.
"Yeah, it might even be 30."
"Gee, maybe we should just hitch hike." Vern said. The four turned to look at him with unamused looks.
"No way, that sucks." Teddy shook his head.
"Yeah, we're doing this the fun way." Nina agreed.
"Why not? We could go out towards the church, and down the back Harlow Road. We'll be there by sundown!"
"That's pussy!" Teddy exclaimed.

The group were singing together. Teddy at the back, Gordie and Vern walking together and Chris and Nina skipping at the front.
"Hey, I'm kinda hungry, who's got the food?" Vern then asked.
"Shit! Anybody bring anything?"
"Not me." Chris sighed as the rest of them fumbled around in their pockets.

Nina slipped her hand into the front pocket of her denim skirt and felt the lollipop she was meant to have earlier. She sighed and took it out, Vern's eager eyes widened. "Nope," She said. "there's no way I'm sharing this with any of you - that's disgusting."
"Not even me?" Teddy asked. "Come on we practically share the same germs!"
Nina scoffed and shook her head. "Sorry, I do have money though."
"Good idea!" Gordie said as the group sat down on the tracks. Once they all held out their money and handed it to Gordie, he counted it up. "A dollar from me, two from Nina, 68 cents from Chris, 60 cents from Teddy, 7 cents from Vern..."
"I haven't found my pennies yet!" Was what Vern came back with.
"Well, 3.37 isn't bad. There's this place at the end of the road that goes by the junk yard, I think we can get some stuff there."

"Train coming." Chris warned. The four of them got up and jumped off the tracks, apart from Teddy.
"C'mon, Teddy!" Chris called.
"I'm gonna dodge it." He said, throwing his stuff to the side, which Nina caught.
"C'mon, Teddy, man. Get off the tracks, you're crazy!"
Teddy didn't move and the train got closer.
"Teddy you idiot! Get off the tracks, you're gonna get yourself killed!" Nina screamed.
"Just like the beach in Normandy." Teddy whispered, pretending he was holding a gun and shooting at the train.

Nina was about to run up to her brother but Chris stopped her and ran out instead. He got him off the tracks just in time. Teddy stared to yell at Chris and Nina had to hold him back once Teddy attempted to hit him. "I was just trying to save your life, man!"
"You want to kill yourself?! Is that it, God dammit?!" Nina yelled. "Chris just saved you!"
"I don't need no babysitter." Teddy murmured.
Chris held out his hand. "Skin it."
Teddy shook his head. "I could've dodged it." He said, before walking away. Chris stopped him. "Listen, you can dodge it on the way back, man. Please, skin it."
Teddy paused before him and Chris 'skinned it', signalling that they were okay again.

NO TRESPASSING
KEEP OUT

Was what the sign on the barbed wire said.
Nina smirked. "Let's do this." She said, as she began to climb. She then stopped and turned around to look down at Chris, who was under her. "Don't even think about looking." She warned him, due to the fact she was wearing a skirt.
"Stand back, men... and woman!" Teddy called as he threw his stuff over the fence and followed his sister. Soon enough, their friends followed.

Nina laughed as her and Teddy ran down the road past the garbage and stopped once they heard Chris and Gordie running towards them - racing. Nina laughed again and clapped at Chris. "You won something, congrats!" She grinned.
Chris made a pft noise before putting his arm around her. "I win practically everything. Now come on, let's get settled down in some shade."

"Hey, have you guys been watching The Mickey Mouse Club lately?" Nina asked.
"Yeah," The boys answered.
Teddy chuckled. "Don't kill me when I say this, Nina, but I think Annette's tits are getting bigger."
"You think so?" Chris asked.
"Yeah, I think he's right. I've been noticing lately that the A and the Rare starting to bend around the sides." Gordie said, pretending he had tits to hold.
"That's great stuff," Nina said, awkwardly, whilst playing with the end of her skirt again.
"Do you who's tits are great?" Vern grinned, looking over at Nina.
Her head snapped up and she shot him a deathly glare.
"Dude, not cool!" Teddy said, harshly pushing him.
"Yeah dude, have some respect." Chris said, flashing Nina a smile.
"You were just talking about Annette's tits just then!" Vern defended.
"Dude, she's fictional. Nina's sat right here." Chris stated.

Vern shook his head before changing the subject. "This really is a good time."
"The most." Chris smiled, aiming another stone at the pot.
"A blast." Teddy added.
Gordie then started taking swigs of water and aiming at the pot, causing the boys to copy him. At first, Nina gagged a little. Chris then convinced her to try, and to her surprise, she got some into the pot first try. She threw her hands up and cheered as Chris applauded.
Teddy then aimed at the pot, but turned to Vern and spat the water all over him. The others erupted into laughter.
"Great! Spit at the fat kid, real good!" Vern complained. "What time is it, Gordie?"
He took out his watch. "A quarter after one."
"We better go get the food. Chopper will be here at 3." Vern warned.
"Oooo, sic balls!" Chris taunted, earning a laugh from Nina.
"You go." Nina said to Vern.
"I'm not going alone, we should all go!"
"I'm staying right here." Teddy said.
"Yeah, man. I'm not going-"
"Girls, girls! Cool it." Chris said, breaking up their small fight. "We'll flip for it."
Nina nodded as they all took out a coin. "Odd one goes."

They all flipped their coins and caught it, slapping it onto the back of their hands before revealing what they got.
"Five tails!" Vern exclaimed. He was about to speak, when Nina cut him off.
"Vern, I swear, if you start going on about bad luck."
"She's right," Teddy agreed. "now let's flip again."
They flipped again and held out their hands. "You lose, Gordie!" Teddy announced. He sighed and got up.
"Screw the pooch!" Teddy laughed.
"Does the word retarded mean anything to you?" Gordie retorted.
"Gordie, go get the stuff, you morphadite."
"Don't call me any of your mother's pet names." Gordie snapped, walking off.
"What a wet end you are, LaChance." Teddy laughed
"Shut up!"
"I don't shut up, I grow up! And when I look at you, I throw up!" The four teased, putting their fingers in front of each-other's throats and making a throwing up noise before laughing.
"And then your mother comes around the corner and she licks it up." Gordie snapped.
The group 'oo'ed at him as Nina laughed so hard, she became weak and fell onto Chris, who started to laugh too.