Emily

BEEP BEEP

"THIS GIRL HAS PROBABLY FORGOTTEN TO CHARGE HER DAMN PHONE AGAIN. Anyway, Emily here, just leave a message after the tone or text me. Actually you should probably just text me. I always forget to listen to those."

BEEP

"Hey Emily," Rosetta was filled with confidence. Emily had been the biggest pain in the ass for as long as she could remember. "I'm just calling to tell you to go fuck yourself." Her smile returned to her face for a couple of seconds. For so many years she had wanted to tell Emily that.

"I wish I could be there to watch you slowly messing up your life, but unfortunately I won't." A burden lifted from her heart. "I won't miss you, and I know you won't miss me."

In first grade Emily and Rosetta sat next to each other. Emily had constantly been pulling Rosetta's hair. In the lunch breaks it wasn't unusual to see them fight in the school yard; most likely about something small and stupid. A little girl in a pink tutu was fighting another little girl in a flower dress. They had never really stopped disliking each other.

In 5th grade Emily's team had won over Rosetta's team in basketball, and that afternoon Rosetta had spilled her milk in Emily's bag. It was of course an accident, if you asked her. They had continued humiliating each other. None of them really remembered why.

Revenge because of the other's revenge. Their mutual hate had started, because of two small drawings where Emily had claimed that hers were prettier.

In 7th grade Emily had dated the guy Rosetta had a crush on, and the other way around in 8th grade. "Fuck you," Rosetta said and hang up.