The Truth

Third Person's Pov

Zeldris texted Kira that he and Liz were going to Elizabeth's house to talk, and when they got there, Liz sat quietly. She wasn't really close to Elizabeth and they were suddenly going to have a talk.

"I feel like I know what's wrong, but, I need Liz to say things." Zeldris looked at Liz, she shrugged. "I'm confused as heck here so might as well just answer what you need."

"When you transferred here two years ago, what did Meliodas tell you or how was he acting around you?" Zeldris asked, Liz answered honestly.

"Well, I got there, He was the first person I met. He gave me a smile and was was really kind. When I introduced myself in class before, I told everyone my real name. Elizabeth-" Liz looked at Elizabeth and she nodded.

"That was not a lie, I told them that I went for Liz and asked everyone to call me that. They agreed. When Meliodas came up to me and asked me about how was going back here, I was confused since I just met the guy but he was really nice. Also because I was from here before, I stayed here for a year and immediately moved away. So, I just told him it was fun, But, he started to act like we were super close and like i'm the friend that he always had?" Liz made the last sentence into a question, She didn't know where this was going but it looked like she was giving answers to Zeldris.

"He constantly called me Elizabeth, and he soon asked me to be his girlfriend, I said yes. Then on, It was like when I wouldn't sit on floor a lot, I would do some things that I was used to, He would usually look confused. I didn't understand but having a really close friend was really nice so I just kinda accepted it." Liz ended the story with a shrug.

"I know what's happening." Zeldris told them, "Liz, don't take this the wrong way. Okay?"

"My brother has always visioned you as Her." Zeldris pointed at Elizabeth, Liz nodded.

"Elizabeth, when you left, it broke my brother. He wouldn't stop thinking about you, and I could tell. He recovered, well, we thought, So when Liz came, his mind must've just though it was you."

"So in short, He missed Elizabeth so much to make him think that Liz  was her?" King asked, Zeldris nodded.

"It makes sense." Liz stated, breaking the silence.

"There were those times where he tells me that he remembers me doing stuff with him before. I was confused but decided not to dig deep to it." 

"So he just..." Elizabeth trailed off and everyone stared at her, "What was this all about anyway?" Liz asked.

"Meliodas doesn't remember her, Because he thought that Elizabeth was you." Kira answered, Liz looked at Elizabeth. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

Then, they suddenly heard a thud.

"What was that?" Diane asked, everyone looked at each other. Then, at Ban who had his phone up the whole time.

"Ban, who's on the phone?" Zeldris asked, Ban grinned. "Sorry, I couldn't say no~"

It was clear, Meliodas heard everything through the phone. "Meliodas?" Zeldris asked, everyone was completely silent. 

The call ended.

"Shoot, I better get home before he does anything stupid.", "Alright, we better get home." King told them. Everyone then proceeded to leave.

But Liz was the last one who left, "Elizabeth, I'm really sorry." She apologized again, "It's okay." Elizabeth smiled.

Zeldris' Pov

After I took Kira home, I went home as quick as possible. I opened the door to the house and saw Estarossa sitting on the living room, reading a book.

"He's upstairs." He tells me without looking, I went upstairs. Opened the door to his room. "Hey Meliodas, You heard everything a while ago?' I asked, he was on his swivel chair.

He was holding something, I looked over and saw him holding a picture of him and Elizabeth.

"Yeah." 

"Do you understand now?" I asked, He sighed and stood up and sat on his bed.

"It all made sense, Liz's actions were different and when I saw.. Elizabeth.. crying.. It felt different. Ever since Elizabeth got here, I got that weird vibe." 

"Maybe you need sleep, to clear out all of this." I suggested, he slowly nodded. I quietly left his room and headed to mine,

"I hope he recovers completely this time."