school cleaning

rule no. 16

i dont know how to explain this but school is near... And i am so excited about- okay, cut the crap. NO ONE LOVES THE FACT THAT VACATION IS NEAR TO ITS END.

"Please ate"

"No, i have to bring luke in biak-na-bato. I promised him"

"Why? That place is already polluted anyways"

"What?!" Luke shouted and i quickly hushed my cousin. He doesn't need to know that biak-na-bato isn't really what it seems in t.v.

"Oh nothing"

My cousin is actually forcing me and maybe luke to join her enroll. She could do it by her own but she's being a scaredy cat saying that she's only grade 7 this coming school year.

"Kuya sige na? You can still go to san miguel later but for now will you join me for my enrollment, please? Even she" pointing her towards me "will join"

With a sigh, luke agreed.

"Just because you told me your ate will join"

-

We arrived the school and as expected, a lot of students were here. Luke had got an idea of hiding himself by wearing eyeglasses and shaving his beard and also dyeing his hair brown. As if that would make a difference, his height is enough to make him noticeable to the public.

"Why did you shave again?"

"I just felt like it. Why missing my beard?" I muttered a yes under my breath knowing that he wouldn-

"I heard you" he said with a smirk "dont worry, i'll grow them for you"

A while later, we found out that my cousin chichi's adviser turned out to be my former classmate that used to copy my answers a lot.

"Please put my cousin in the honor list at the end of the year" i requested. My cousin can be annoying but she's my favorite

"But-"

"Promise i'll bring you a box of pastillas"

"Are you trying to bribe me?"

"Yes"

"This is not allowed, no" she said smiling

And that we cannot go to san miguel, yet.

We have to unluckily participate to brigada eskwela. I never had participate to this thing when i was in high school and now i have to? I don't even have the guts to clean my room.

And luke seems enjoying this. How could he?

"Is she your girlfriend?" A student had come to asked.

"Yeah" he said with a smile.

"Can we go now?" I asked irritated.

"But we've just moved the chairs. We haven't even started sweeping the dirt" luke said

"Biak-na-bato or cleaning?"

"Fine" he said rolling his eyes.

-
"Para" i tried to catch some driver's attention to let us ride but then every bus is full. I never have paid attention to my mom saying that this day isn't the right time to go in san miguel since it's the day of fiesta and there'll be many passengers that would go there last minute.

Luke isn't even helping... He is either busy eating ensaymaida or checking his phone.

For about exactly 1 hour of waiting we  managed to get a ride only it is in a ordinary fare bus and we have to stand.

"Why do you keep telling everyone that im your girlfriend?" I suddenly asked

"It's just a joke, i don't even know that they'll take it seriously"

"Oh" i said feeling a bit disappointed. No, very disappointed.

"Besides i already have this girl in mind before i came here in the philippines"

Then i saw a couple on one of the bus seats sleeping with the boy's head on the girl's shoulder with his arms wrapped around the girl.

Guess a four hour hot ride to san miguel wouldn't be bad, right?

-

Kuya sige na- brother, please

Brigada eskwela- a 3 days to one week long of school cleaning program in public schools where everyones presence is allowed

Pastillas- a sweet delicacy made of carabao's milk from san miguel, bulacan.

Ensaymada- a yummy bread delicacy from malolos, bulacan. It is made of soft bread with cheese and a small bit of salted egg on top. Trust me, it's good.

Why am i hungry?