Chapter 5

Just a little author's note, from here on out this story won't be correctly based on the episodes of the bachelor but I will try my hardest to make this a good chapter for you guys! Enjoy!

Mackenzie's POV

A few weeks have passed and we're down to 4 girls. We had to say goodbye to Amber, Rachel, Amanda and Jen last night. Now that the group of us girls is a lot smaller, we've gotten to know each other better which is just going to make it that much harder to say goodbye.

This week will be our hometown dates, which I am totally excited for, then next week after the rose ceremony we will be going to Ben's hometown.

"So, girly, are you ready to go back home?" JoJo asks as she plops down on my bed while I continue to pack the rest of my stuff in my suitcase before we leave. "I'm more than excited! I've missed my family so much," I smile at the thought of seeing my family again. It feels like it has been years since I've seen then because usually when I'm home, we gather at my Dad's house for dinner every night - siblings, sister-in-laws, nieces and nephews. "Me too. It feels like forever since I've seen them," JoJo tells me just as I finish packing the last of my things. "Jo come sit on this," I let out a huff while struggling to zip my suitcase, hearing her laugh at me before moving to sit down on my suitcase. Even with the extra weight added by JoJo, I still struggle to zip the suitcase but thankfully after a few more attempts, I get it shut. "Thank goodness!" I breath exasperatingly before launching myself at JoJo and sending us tumbling off of my suitcase and onto the hardwood floor with my arms wrapped around her small frame. She lets out a loud laugh, her arms moving around me to reciprocate the hug. "JoJo..." I sigh while snuggling closer to her, "whatever happens after this, we're still going to be friends, right?"

"Of course- best friends,"

******

We couldn't really do much while traveling to everyone's home town. When your cooped up in a huge hotel suite all day and night, you get a little bored. But now I am very estatic because we are in my home tome - Denver, Colorado- for my home town date.

I was sitting in Cherry Creek Park, on a bench, overlooking the semi-frozen water. The park was in Aurora, Colorado which was about a twenty minute drive to my dad's house in Denver. The air was brisk and chilly but it was bareable. My hands drum on my legging covered thighs as I wait for Ben to arrive. It was going on 5 o'clock now, when he gets here we are going to take a walk in the park, show him a few sights along with my current home before taking him back to the house I grew up in.

 It was going on 5 o'clock now, when he gets here we are going to take a walk in the park, show him a few sights along with my current home before taking him back to the house I grew up in

I continue to sit on the bench, enjoying the scenery in front of me. My mom use to take me and my siblings to his park. When I was younger, around 4 or 5, she would take all of us here after school just so we - mostly I- wouldn't have to be stuck in the house all night after being at school all day. My vision is suddenly gone, feeling a pair of warm hands cover my eyes. "Hello beautiful," I hear Ben's familiar voice mumble as he places a soft kiss on my cold cheek before uncovering my eyes. "Hey!" I laugh happily, getting up from the bench and launching myself into Ben's open arms. My smile was literally stretched wide across my lips. "How are you?" He asks as he holds me close to his body, pulling my face back a bit so I could peck his lips; which were surprisingly warm on this cold day. "I'm fantastic now," I laugh and kiss him again, "I missed you," I tell him truthfully which causes him to smile as he gently lowers me to the ground. "I missed you too," He looks me over, taking in my outfit. "You look amazing by the way," Ben announces as he grasps my hand as I start walking us around the park. "So how are you liking Colorado so far?" I ask while swinging our hands back and forth, gazing up at his tall frame and pull my beanie down a little further with my free hand. Now I was by no means short, but Ben was so tall that I still had to look up at him. "I don't think any of the producer's mentioned this...or if I've ever brought it up...but I'm actually from Denver as well," I stop mid-step, shock taking over my features.