Chapter 3

Mackenzie's POV

Entering the mansion, I make my way to the living room, taking a seat in between Lauren and Caila. About 20 minutes later, the rest of the girls and Ben come into the room...everyone feeling tense.

"He-ey," Chris comes in, tapping his champagne glass, "sorry to break up the party," He gestures to Ben who stands up moving to stand next to Chris. "I came into tonight...excited about getting to talk to all of you. I know we didn't get to talk...well I didn't get to talk to all of you. Uh it's not going to be an easy decision, and I've got to take some time right now to think things through," Ben tells us girls, his words 'think things through' making me nervous. "Alright, let's do it," Chris says just before they leave us girls to ourselves.

The rooms quiet. Each and everyone of us nervous for the outcome of tonight.

I hope I get a rose tonight.

*Rose Ceremony*

Standing in the rose ceremony room is always nerve racking.

Ben walks into the room, looking handsome as always. "I honestly did not suspect to be standing here so early standing here feeling the way I do. And a lot of it has to do with the way you guys treated me on our dates and the conversations that we had. It just continues to overwhelm me everyday. And I'm believing everyday that this can work. So with that, thank you, and uh...now it's time for the part I don't love." He give his speech before reaching for the first rose.

"Mackenzie," He says making my eyes widen slightly. Lifting up the hem of my dress, I carefully walk down the steps, standing in front of Ben. "Mackenzie...will you accept this rose?" He smiles his contagious smile. "Of course, thank you," I grin, accepting the rose from his hands before hugging him.

Names continue to be called. "Amanda" "Jubilee" "Lauren B." "Lea" "Becca" "Rachel" "Lace" Are some of the names he calls. Standing with my rose, I wait patiently.

"L.B" Ben calls. L.B walks up to Ben, hearing her whisper something to him. "Yeah yeah...of course," Ben smiles, setting the rose down and taking her out into the hall. "What's happening?" I question to Lauren quietly, earning a shrug in response. Ben comes walking back into the room, taking a deep breath. "I mentioned when we started this thing that I wanted this to be a two way street. That I wanted everyone here to feel empowered...to speak up when this whole situation got to be too much. That's what L.B just did. I understand that this isn't for everybody." Ben tells us, pretty sure making all of us confused as to why she left at the rose ceremony and not earlier.

"But with that being said with L.B leaving, that gives me the opportunity to give the rose to somebody else that is still here...to someone that I haven't gotten to know," Ben rubs his hands together before continuing with the rose ceremony.

"Jennifer" "Emily" "Jami" "Lauren H." "Shushana" "Haley" He says the names, each girl going up to get their rose.

"Ben, ladies...the final rose tonight," Chris walks in, letting us know that it's the final rose before leaving. "Amber," Ben says the name that he will be giving the last rose to. "Ladies, if you did not receive a rose, take a moment and say your goodbyes," Chris comes back in, all of us giving hugs to the girls that are leaving.

Well...on to another week of drama.

***

Waking up the next morning I feel good knowing that Lauren B. and I are the only ones to have not gone on a date yet. Still in my pajamas, I make my way downstairs, seeing the girls all in their pajamas lounging on the couch, waiting for the date card. "Hello ladies," Chris says, coming in the front door. "Hi Chris," Is chorused through the room. "So there's going to be two one-on-one dates and one group date," He tells us, my mouth hanging open slightly in shock as he sets the first one-on-one date card on the table.