Chapter 2

**Author's Note: This chapter will mostly be about getting the date cards. They aren't really descriptive until the actual date and the cocktail party/rose ceremony. **

Mackenzie's POV

Waking up that morning, I feel almost at peace with everything that is going on...or going to happen. After taking a shower, doing my hair and makeup, and getting dressed, I make my way downstairs seeing some of the girls already down there, drinking mimosas.

"So what's going on?" I questions Lauren B. as I take a seat next to her, leaning my head on her shoulder. "We're all just waiting for the date card," She giggles, patting my head like a dog. Laughing to myself, I just sit next to Lauren, patiently waiting for Chris to deliver the card. Hearing the doorbell, Lauren gently moves me off her shoulder to get the door. She comes back in with a date card. "Okay...Jackie, LB, Lauren H, Becca, Amber, Mandy, JoJo, Jubilee, Jennifer, and...Lace," Lauren reads all of the names off for the group date. "Let's learn how to love, from Ben," Lauren reads the rest of the card. Smiling to myself, I realize that my name wasn't on the group date card, which means that I am closer to getting a one-on-one date.

All the girls that were on the group date card, leave to get ready. Going up to my room that I share with Caila, Lauren and JoJo, I change into my bikini, deciding to go swimming to waste some time.

"Hey guys, I'm going swimming...want to come?" I ask the girls, grabbing a towel on my way out. The girls consisting of; Olivia, Jami, and a few other girls whose names I can't remember. "Yeah, we'll be there in a minute," Lauren and Caila agree. Nodding my head, I make my way out to the pool, the hot sun beating down on my skin. I set my towel down on a chair before diving into the pool. Coming up for air, I take a deep breath, hearing splashes come from behind me. Turning around, I see Lauren and Caila coming up from under the water.

"Well...today is going to be a long day," Caila says, Lauren and I agreeing as we swim around.

After swimming and tanning for about an hour and a half, we dry off, heading into the house to relax with the other girls.

***

It's now night time, and the girls and I are just sitting in the living room, watching a movie when we hear the doorbell ring. Squealing, I get up to answer the door, seeing an envelope on the ground. Grabbing it, I rush back in the room, with the now wide eyed girls. Opening the card, I see Caila's name on it. "Caila, join me in a day full of surprises dot dot dot, Ben," I say, reading the card aloud before handing it to Caila.

Hearing Caila giggle, I look at her to see her reading the card, over and over. I smile, happy for her, but I can't help but feel a little jealous that it wasn't me. But I'll get a turn eventually.

***

Waking up the next morning, I glance at my phone to see it's just gone 9 o'clock. Sighing, I stretch my body, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Grabbing an outfit, I bring it with me into the bathroom, grabbing a towel before hopping into the shower. I quickly wash my hair and body, not forgetting to shave my legs before I get out of the shower.

Getting out, I dry my hair and body off, slipping on my ripped jean shorts, a white floral crop top, a see through pink button up tank top and my white strappy sandals. Leaving my hair wet, wanting to let it air dry I make my way downstairs where the rest of the girls are at, Caila waiting to go on her one-on-one date.

Ben walks into the room looking so handsome, all the girls happy and jittery. Chris Harrison enters, confusing us girls. "Hello ladies...Ben," Chris greets with a smile. "So Ben asked me to plan out this date. Be careful what you wish for," Chris says as I hear the front door open. Ice Cub and Kevin Hart walk into the room making my jaw drop. "Shut up," I say, holding onto Lauren B as we giggle like school girls. "Ben! It's time for your perfect ride along," Kevin Hart laughs. "Well are you ready to go?" Ben asks Caila, his hand out waiting for her to take it before they leave.