Chapter XI

He hooked his arm around my waist, pulling me close. "I love walking in this park. It's almost soothing," Four murmurs a few weeks after our cute pizza dinner.

I hum, relaxing in his embrace. It was a cool spring day, a breeze rustling the trees that have most recently bared fresh leaves with fresh flowers or, for majority of them, buds.

"I have something completely random to tell you," He whispers real close to my ear, nuzzling my hair that had slowly turned back into its soft blonde color.

"What is it?" I ask half-heartedly, distracted by the smells and noises that coated me.

"My name, it isn't Four. It's-" He cuts himself off, stilling suddenly. A horrid expression covers his face and I turn away, figuring I had done something.

I brush the irrational thought away, "Your name is..." I trail off, reminding him if his previous sentence.

"Miscreant," He sneers, pulling me behind him in a sudden jerkish movement.

"Miscreant? That sounds a little weird, unique I guess," I ramble until he shushes me.

"Stay quiet," He hisses, eyes flashing. I immediately shut up, wanting to apologize for whatever the heck I did.

A shaggy wolf walks from the line of trees, it's black fur torn and missing. Its eyes blood shot, and its left ear partially gone.

"What do you want, Miscreant? This is my land, you aren't allowed here," Four scorned in a voice I had never heard before.

It gives a wolfish grin, changing into a very naked man in front of us. "I came to challenge you for your land and your mate," As soon as the words leave his mouth, Four is on top of him as a wolf, biting and growling.

The naked boy bleeds at Four's feet, cursing and mumbling, looking like a deranged strewn rag doll. A cry leaves my mouth as Four snaps his neck with no mercy, blood leaving the lips of the dead man.

I start to shake, wiping my sweaty palms on my shorts. "You didn't have to kill him," I hiss, my anger dissolving to sadness and my stomach turns.

Four shifts back. "Tris, he was on my land-"

"I was on your land! You didn't snap my neck!" I scream back, clutching my stomach as I see the man behind Four's legs. My dinner comes rushing back and the contents of my stomach spills in the grass beside me.

"You were me mate-" He walks over, reaching for my hair but I pull back.

"He had a mate somewhere," I argue sourly, turning on my heel.

"You don't seem to understand the rules around here, Tris," He spits, looking down at me as I walk over to the poor man, shutting his eyelids.

"Rest in peace," I tell him, feeling sick all over.

A sob leave my mouth as I think of the potential this man could have had. People break the laws all the time, hardly anyone gets killed for it.

"Take me home," I croak, tears welling in my eyes, blurring my vision as I stand on my shaky legs.

He mumbles, "Baby, look-"

"Please just take me home," I hug myself, replaying the events that are fresh in my mind. It feels like a nightmare, except I'm never going to wake up. It feels like I'm back in hell.