We Interrupt Your Morning Cereal for This Regretful Victor

Vic POV:

With a growl of frustration, I stopped myself from dialing Kellin's phone number and tossed my phone on my bed.

Of course, because the universe seemed to hate me, my phone bounced into the wall with a loud thud.

Gravity joined the 'We H8 Victor Fuentes' club when the stupid thing flopped onto the floor.

I groaned and fell back onto my bed.

The rage I'd felt when Oliver Sykes answered Kellin's phone had me tearing through my room like a hurricane. I found the cleaning I had to do afterwards and the lecture from my ma ("CRES QUE TIENES CRIADA O QUE HIJO DE TU-") enough punishment for having allowed my emotions to get the better of me.

Kellin obviously didn't want to talk to me, and I understood why of course.

It was one thing to treat a punching bag like a punching bag- I wasn't going to try to lie and say that I saw Kellin as anything other than that before we got involved- but to treat the person who was carrying my kid, and at this point some piece of my heart as well, like shit? That was low. It was a point I swore to myself I'd never reach again. I sat up and sighed.

Kellin was out with Oliver. It made sense, honestly, that he'd look for someone capable of caring for him. I chewed on the inside of my bottom lip as I contemplated the situation.

Oliver was nice enough. I'd never heard of him hurting anyone at school the way I had. He didn't really have a reputation I could judge him by and I'd only talked to him a couple of times. He was probably better for Kellin than I was anyway.

Maybe I could just leave Kellin alone?

I could see Kellin and Oliver together in my mind and they made a good couple. They were both pretty quiet guys, their tempers were compatible. Oliver didn't seem like the kind of guy to explode in anger. He'd be gentle with Kellin, with the baby.

With my kid.

Honestly, when did my life get so complicated?

-

Kellin POV:

I woke up on Sunday with a smile on my face. Yesterday had been a productive day. Not only had I gotten a huge weight off my chest by sharing a little about myself, but I'd also gained a friend. Oli seemed cool, and I was excited to get to know him. I didn't know what I was going to do about Vic yet, but I'd figure it out. I looked up when I heard the door open, "Kells, are you awake?"

"Yep!" I said, rubbing at my eyes against the morning light, "Morning, Mom."

"Morning dork, you want cereal?"

"YES PLEASE," I said into my pillow.

"Frosted flakes or lucky charms?"

"LUCKY CHARMS."

"K."

I sat up and pushed the covers off myself when the door closed. Sighing contentedly, I stood and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and stuff. I was in the process of reaching below the sink for the mouth wash when a wave of nausea washed over me. I shot up, bent over the sink, and proceeded to vomit my insides out into the poor, unsuspecting, sink.

"Why me?" I muttered and opened the tap so that the vomit would go away and hoped that the stupid thing wouldn't clog or something.

I heard mom yell, "KELLIN GET YOUR BUTT DOWNSTAIRS OR YOUR CERIAL WILL GET SOGGY!"

"I'M COMING!" I yelled back and quickly brushed my teeth. I rushed down the stairs hoping I didn't smell like spilled guts.

I made my way through the living room where my mom was eating her cereal. "It's on the counter," she said.