Baby, This is Paradise

NOTE: THIS IS THE LAST SHIFT I SWEAR. MORE NOTES AT THE END.

Thursday:

"Jesus Christ, Kellin, you look like hell," Justin stated the obvious with wide eyes.

"You're observations are much appreciated, Sherlock." My voice was harsher than I'd meant it to be. I looked down at the crumpled piece of paper on my desk.

The material was a lot weaker now, having been ruined by my tears. I hadn't meant to let them fall, but it was too much, in a too short period of time. I'd brought it with me, only to confirm that its content was true.

I felt used, much like the paper.

Used, crumpled up, and tossed aside like rubbish.

"I can't do this," the words stood out, the black ink a stark contrast to the once pristine paper, "I'm an asshole, I know, but I don't want a kid. I know we did things.. but you're going to have to get over it.

 I see the way you look at me in the hallways, and it needs to stop, because I am not a faggot. 

Get it through your head, Kellin, I don't like you, I don't want you, and I highly doubt I ever will. Leave me alone, okay? Don't talk to me, don't even look at me. 

I'll keep the guys away from you as long as you keep quiet about what happened between us. 

 -Vic "

I wanted to sob, but I'd lost the ability to do so sometime around last night. Justin looked at me weirdly, and, like the oblivious idiot he is, asked, "Are you on your period?"

I chose to ignore the comment, rather than risk losing someone else. 

Though, I guess I didn't lose Vic, since we were never anything.

Since, I was, apparently, never anything.

"Are you okay?" I looked up to the source of the accented voice and was met with the concerned, hazel eyes of Oliver Sykes.

"I'm fine," my voice broke halfway through the words, giving me away, but I hoped that Oliver would drop it.

"I get it," he said after a few stretched seconds of silenced.

"Get what?"

"We're basically strangers and that's why you're lying to me. Well, I'll let you in on a little secret as long as you tell me how you're really feeling," I didn't respond but he continued anyway, "I... am an addict... a cupcake addict."

I let out an involuntary giggle at his serious expression. "I love the feeling the of the sugary frosting on my tongue and the- the taste of them is mm.." He contorted his face in an expression of pure ecstasy and I couldn't keep back the laugh that bubbled up.

"I'm serious, don't laugh at my necessities," he said though he was fighting his own smile.

"So really.. What's wrong, buttercup?" He wiped a tear I didn't know was there with his thumb.

"I- I..."

"Fags," someone coughed and pushed my things off my desk.

"Oh, c'mon, Claude," Oliver righted himself, standing with his back to the tall, lanky boy I figured must be Claude,"Like you're one to talk with the way you trail after the Trancy boy." 

"If you value your life, you'll shut up Sykes," Claude, said as he loomed over Oliver.

Oliver crossed his arms and turned, stepping forward, "If you want someone to judge, look in the mirror, mate."