Regret is a Bitch Wrapped in Last Night's Sheets

Note: Can you tell I have no friends? Y'all should go back and start from Monday (that's what I had to do oops) Vic POV.

-

I sighed and stretched when I woke up. My parents weren't home at the moment, visiting my aunt a town away. Looking down I sighed again in annoyance at the sight of Nat's head on my chest. I couldn't help but feel that she was just a placeholder; her hair wasn't raven black, her eyes weren't the sparkling sea I found myself longing for. I groaned and untangled myself from Natalie's limbs and my bed sheets. Getting up to the morning's cold air sucked, but it was either this and finding somewhere to disappear to for the day or home and being stuck with Natalie all day. Overall my mood seemed to be stuck on 'Ugh' at least for now. I accepted this reluctantly and reached for my phone as I headed towards the bathroom for a quick shower. I unlocked my phone and opened the messages, typing a quick text to Kellin.

'TO: K

Hey, can you reply please? I know I acted like a huge dick yesterday. I'm sorry I hit you. Are you ok?'

I stepped into the shower morosely. I really wanted to apologize to Kellin, but he wasn't replying to any of my messages and I didn't think he'd appreciate me just appearing at his front door. As the hot water rained down on me, I shut my eyes and allowed myself to recall yesterday's events.

The second my hand collided with Kellin's cheek, I regretted it. I'd found myself regretting everything from the stupid letter I'd written in a moment of panic to ever raising my hand against him.  Earlier that day I'd arrived at school and was greeted with several unpleasant news.

First, I found out I was going to be someone's baby daddy, and yes I'd panicked at first (I was a horny drunk but I hadn't been with anyone outside of Kellin and Natalie since I found out about Kellin's pregnancy), but then someone mentioned the (fucking stupid) letter I'd jammed in Kellin's locker the previous afternoon and I calmed down. Slightly. The relief that flooded me when I finally saw the letter for myself made me feel worse instantly. It was obvious that the only reason Kellin's name and certain other words couldn't be read properly was because what I guessed to be tears had dragged the words away from easy recognition; that I was able to draw relief from this disgusted me.  Second, Natalie was already bitching at me for cheating on her when she and I knew very fucking well that we had never been exclusive. Third, apparently Oliver Sykes had asked Kellin out yesterday and, though I was well aware that I probably had no right to be jealous, it infuriated me that he'd had the fucking guts to try to snatch what was mine right from my hands.  I'd planned on confronting him, on telling him to back off, but then I remembered that the only reason Kellin had left the (goddammedshitexcuseofa) letter in his classroom and caused all of this in the first place was bECAUSE HE HAD BEEN TOO BUSY RUNNING HAND IN HAND WITH OLIVER FUCKING SYKES.

 I groaned in frustration and punched the slick tiles in front of me. 

When did my life become such a mess?

I hadn't been able figure out whether Kellin had left the letter there on purpose or not but at that point my mind was flooded by a red haze that didn't seem to want to be shaken off. I'd given into it stupidly and waited in the janitor's closet I knew Kellin walked by on his way to class. Then the whole hand to face thing happened and Kellin had ran out, leaving me dumbstruck and wondering what the heck had just happened. I wanted to take it back, to run after the boy and hold him to my chest while murmuring a litany of apologies into his soft locks. I pursed my lips remembering the series of frantic texts I'd sent him, all of which had gone unanswered. I'd made up with Natalie, needing some form of comfort after the hurricane of emotions that had wrecked through me in just one day, but I could see now in the soothing warmth and privacy of the shower that my ma had been right: I had to break up with Natalie if I wanted to be a part of Kellin's life.