Chapter 5

"I don't understand why you wouldn't want to practice soul resonance with me," Kid asked, adjusting his tie in the mirror.

"That's be too powerful," I told him. "I wanna practice. Not blow up the DWMA."

"It wouldn't," he informed me. "If we linked souls, it'd only be powerful if we allowed it to be."

"Nobody told me that!" I shouted.

"Now you know." He went back to adjusting his tie.

"That looks really weird to me. You look like Soul in a tux."

"I realize. I don't like it but there's nothing I can do about it."

"You don't like it."

"I don't like that my little sister won't be able to even see my face for while."

"Yes I will. It'll just be Crona behind it."

"Whatever."

"So, you will help me on my resonance?"

"Of course."

"When can we start?"

"Today. Don't you have a free period?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Meet me in the fields okay?"

"Am I free to bring Crona?"

"Why him?"

"I wanted to do resonance with him from the start. He's my friend and I barely know anything about him Kid."

"Seems to me like you have a crush."

"I do not!"

"Do so. And if I find out he likes you too, I'll-"

"Okay. whatever! Can I just bring him? Please."

"Sure, I don't see why not."

"Thank you Kid!"

***

I made my way to Professor Stein's class fifteen minutes late since Kid kept insisting that my dress was not symmetrical. 

"Sorry I'm late!" I shouted as I entered the class, panting from the running I had to do.

"It's alright Girl," Black Star shrugged, pointing to the teacher's desk. "Stein's not here yet."

"Then what the hell!" I yelled. But since he wasn't there, I didn't have to explain myself being late.

"Come and sit down before he comes!" Maka yelled to me. She looked like herself for a second before Tsubaki's face reappeared. I decided not to tell them.

A chair was pulled out for me next to Crona. Even though he looked like my brother to me, his awkward body language told me that he was completely Crona.

"Thanks," I smiled at him, sitting down

"N-no problem," he chuckled nervously. I could only imagine how adorably red his face would have been.

"Alright class," Stein said as he walked in. The chattering in the class died down and we all looked at him.

"Today we'll be talking about soul resonance," he said. "Now, I know you expect me to only talk about soul resonance with you're meister or weapon, but that's half-assing it. I'll be talking about soul resonance with other pairs as well. And we shall have a demonstration later on."

"Who will be the pairs?" Hero asked from the back of the class.

"The people demonstrating shall be Death the Kid, Patty, Liz, Death the Girl, and Tsuki," he said nonchalantly. This was news to me.

"I didn't sign up for this!" I shouted.

"You said you wanted to work on your resonance link," he explained. "And your brother has told me that you were interested in working with him. Why not in front of the class?"

"Kid!" I yelled at the Soul-looking figure that was really my brother.

"Girl, you shouldn't be upset, I've done nothing wrong," he shrugged.

"You're such a idiot!" 

"Girl, please stop."

"Kid that was private! I didn't want people to know that I struggle with this stuff!"

"Why not?"

"Because I have to live up to the reputation of a reaper! If I'm an idiot people think that the whole family are idiots!"

"No one will think that because you are not an idiot."

"Am so!"

"No, you are not!" he snapped. "You are Death the Girl, and you are a reaper. If you need help it's perfectly alright to ask! Okay?!"

The class was silent again. Stein was as pokerfaced as ever.

"Fine," I said, sitting back down.

***

Okay, this was mostly filler. But I do have some stuff planned out for you guys. Just wait and see!